Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which one do you think carries a premium?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
If by full jumbo you mean one without a word cutout then I can tell you the word cut outs are selling higher on eBay for Dawson. Dawson has the jumbo, MVP cutout, and The Hawk cutout.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Doerr's not in this year's so been chasing Johnny Pesky and the Nicknames are going for much much more. Got my Jumbo for 50 while a Nickname cutout sold for 79 tonight, and that has been the pattern.

Thanks,
Jeff

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I can see your thought process there Ken, thinking the full jumbo would carry a premium, but I think many collectors like the 'neatness' of having the cutout with a nickname that corresponds to the player. If I were chasing anything from the set I would be after whichever one I could pick up cheaper, but I'm just cheap like that

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
But that nice wool though.......honestly I could see either outselling the other on any given day. Horse a piece IMO

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Window cut ones can look horrible , but this looks clean and it flows. I hate when it looks so pieced together that it loses it's appeal. On the example as long as you like the "Invincible Man" (some wordings they use , are a deterrent to its appeal) and the way the cut auto looks then go for it. Your top photo isn't showing so I can't see what you want to sell.

**and that doesn't mean a large piece for older players isn't nice too

Ryan

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts