Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^^^^^ Daily FCB MT for Saturday, January 17th, 2015 ^^^^^^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

Coming down the home stretch of another Long day for me.

Exhibit #4589 why the current Arbritation system sucks. The O's resigned Chris Davis and one of my Favorites, Matt Wieters. Both coming off terrible seasons, Wieters ended early by injury, yet both got good-sized raises:

Davis, who led the major leagues in home runs and RBIs in 2013 before slumping badly in 2014, got an increase from last year, when he had a $10.35 million base salary and earned $150,000 in performance bonuses. He batted .196 with 26 home runs and 72 RBIs last season, down from 53 homers and 138 RBIs the year before. He will begin 2015 by serving the final game of a 25-game suspension for using Adderall without a prescription.
In addition to his salary, Davis can earn $500,000 in performance bonuses: $250,000 each for 500 and 575 plate appearances.
Wieters, who missed nearly all of 2015 because of Tommy John surgery in June, got a raise from $7.7 million. He batted .308 in 26 games. Both Davis and Wieters are eligible for free agency after the season.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Morning folks. I sure wish baseball would get here so I have something decent to watch while laying in bed with coffee. In the offseason I let my wife have the remote and local morning news is absolutely dreadful. News story lineup: murder, murder, kidnapping, murder, child abuse, murder.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I find myself watching history and some reruns on my TV , wife watches news, basketball and soaps reruns , MIL watches sports or ONE local channel

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Good morning everybody, not doing too much of anything...I FINALLY got a date for my interview concerning my pistol, it only took 11 months....😒

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good morning.

Blue Jays Winter Tour stops in town this weekend. They tweeted at 8:41am that they've already cut the line for the 11:00am autograph session. By 5:30am there were already 100 people in line. :(

SlackRabbit

Jan 10, 2015
Good Morning all!! Had a pretty cool encounter the other day. Saw a kid in a shiny new luxury car, and was checking the car out when I saw a bat in the back. I asked him if he played baseball. I was expecting either a smart ass answer, or him to say he played for the local college. He said, "Yessir, I play for the Marlins organization. Ill be playing in Greensboro this year." Greensboro is my home town. the guy was really nice and down to earth. looking forward to collecting a few cards of this guy. http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=642224#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

Last edited:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Good Morning all!! Had a pretty cool encounter today. Saw a kid in a shiny new luxury car, and was checking the car out when I saw a bat in the back. I asked him if he played baseball. I was expecting either a smart ass answer, or him to say he played for the local college. He said, "Yessir, I play for the Marlins organization. Ill be playing in Greensboro this year." Greensboro is my home town. the guy was really nice and down to earth. looking foward to collecting a few cards of this guy. http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=642224#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

give me a reminder and i'll try to get you a game day ticket signed or card if he has one when in Hickory ---Crawdads

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good Morning all!! Had a pretty cool encounter the other day. Saw a kid in a shiny new luxury car, and was checking the car out when I saw a bat in the back. I asked him if he played baseball. I was expecting either a smart ass answer, or him to say he played for the local college. He said, "Yessir, I play for the Marlins organization. Ill be playing in Greensboro this year." Greensboro is my home town. the guy was really nice and down to earth. looking forward to collecting a few cards of this guy. http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=642224#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

Neat story! Nice to hear he wasn't too full of himself and was actually respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts