Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "WTF??" Triple Threads....thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I do love buying and selling triple threads game used cards, but often can't help but laugh at some of the sayings.

Here's my recent pick up1421530984262.jpg

"1B hall greatness"

Now, Winfield wasn't a first baseman and Donnie isn't in the HOF.

and........shouldn't the photos of donnie and Winfield be flipped to match "1B" and "hall"

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What are you talking about? Winfield played 43 innings in 8 games across 3 seasons at 1B.

He was certainly not a regular 1B, but he did play the position at the MLB level. The "Hall" could refer to something like Hall of Greatness, not necessarily the Hall of Fame. I get it though, some of the TT cards made no sense what so ever.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What are you talking about? Winfield played 43 innings in 8 games across 3 seasons at 1B.

He was certainly not a regular 1B, but he did play the position at the MLB level. The "Hall" could refer to something like Hall of Greatness, not necessarily the Hall of Fame. I get it though, some of the TT cards made no sense what so ever.

That's some Gumby arms reaching there ;)

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Well....I assume Mattingly has visited the hall of fame so I guess the card is correct ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online