Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"******" by Lou Thesz & Kit Bauman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I recently finished reading Lou Thesz' autobiography/history of professional wrestling, and it was one of the best wrestling books I've ever read. I'm so glad it finally made it into digital form so I didn't have to track down a $100 photocopy, and now that it is digital, they've restored a lot of content that was cut from the original book due to space/cost constraints. It felt very much like a great biography I read of Rod Serling that also basically doubled as a history of early television.

After reading all the chapters about Jim Londos, Ed Lewis, Joe Stetcher and not Karl Gotch (you'd have to read it to understand that bit), I have to wonder if we will ever get to see a decent bio pic about any old school pro wrestlers. Granted most of the guys stories would be pretty depressing by the end (or as with "The Wrestler" pretty depressing all the way through), but there have been so many movies about baseball and boxing, that I would love to see someone tackle pro wrestling as a period piece like "Cinderella Man" or "61*".

Has anyone else read it? Had it actually managed to find a publisher when it was originally written, I think it would have had a similar effect on wrestling that "Ball Four" had on baseball (though Thesz wasn't active at the time he wrote it), though it might have lessened the impact of Mick Foley's first book a bit.

Members online

Latest posts