Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

30% Discount Case Prebuy: Razor or BDP

What case did you Pre-Buy with 30% off Razor or BDP

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I feel like overall Razor will end up being the better product, but I went with BDP because it is both cheaper and safer at this time (at least we know what to expect, even though many of the top draft picks are with razor)

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I went with BCDP because I had already purchased 2 boxes of razor. BDP is lower risk, lower reward, and since I wasn't gonna buy a case to begin with, i went with the safer choice.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting results so far. I would have expected more folks gambling on Razor with a 30% buffer in the case of a flop and 30% more profit in case of an explosion. I guess more people are playing it safe than I would have imagined.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
topprospectalert said:
Interesting results so far. I would have expected more folks gambling on Razor with a 30% buffer in the case of a flop and 30% more profit in case of an explosion. I guess more people are playing it safe than I would have imagined.

Honestly gave Razor a thought with the 30% discount for $6 per auto. But the "sticker" auto really turns me down.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
It's 30% with Live.com Cashback. BIN items only. Check back a few pages on the boards and there is step by step instructions. It's a great deal. Wait 60 days & get 30% back.

But still feel free to bid on my USA's :D

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
So far I've gone with 2 cases of BCDP. I searched for Razor cases, but honestly, I am confused on which product to be looking for and the current cases on eBay don't help explain (I am not smart). If I could figure out which one to buy, I'd get 1 Razor case.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
DaleMurphyCollector said:
So far I've gone with 2 cases of BCDP. I searched for Razor cases, but honestly, I am confused on which product to be looking for and the current cases on eBay don't help explain (I am not smart). If I could figure out which one to buy, I'd get 1 Razor case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-RAZOR-SIGNATUR ... dZViewItem

This one, 10 box per case, 10 packs per box, gives you 100 auto per case.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
It's curious that none of the 5 people who bought Razor cases actually posted in the thread.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
JVC said:
It's curious that none of the 5 people who bought Razor cases actually posted in the thread.

If you're trying to draw a conclusion you might want to do some math first. There were 14 people that voted for BDP so far, but only three posted. Why is it unbelievable then that 5 people voted for Razor and none posted. This is a poll, it doesn't require a post.

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
I'm considering Razor with the 30% discount. My big question is, for you experts out there, could it totally flop and lose all value? If I pay $600, what are the chances of recouping less than $300?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
95vr4 said:
But the "sticker" auto really turns me down.

Stickers might not like you, but trapped autos will, which is what the autos will be.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
BowmanChromeAddict said:
JVC said:

If you're trying to draw a conclusion you might want to do some math first. There were 14 people that voted for BDP so far, but only three posted. Why is it unbelievable then that 5 people voted for Razor and none posted. This is a poll, it doesn't require a post.

While the number of people who bought Razor cases posting in this thread may be a bit misleading, how do you explain that there has been only 1 case of Razor purchased according to the ebay completed listing search within the last 3 days, yet 9 people claim to have used the live.com discount to purchase one?

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
The 30% Live discount was capped at $200 cash back. The max BIN that you could hit was $666.67. The lowest I've seen a case of Razor listed was for $769 while there have been plenty of Draft cases listed in low $600's. If the max cash back was still $250, I think more Razor cases would go. So far I've held off on a case of Draft. I've purchased a few boxes of Razor and a dozen OMLBs.

Alex

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I did a case of Draft. I still don't love the idea of Razor - 100 autos a case to me means devalued trapped autos. Not a fan. I'll stick with what I'm familiar with. If I see Razor stuff selling well, I can always buy a case later. Right now, I'm not optimistic about this first release, and as I understand it, the follow-up products are what to look for anyway.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
pujolsjunkie said:
I did a case of Draft. I still don't love the idea of Razor - 100 autos a case to me means devalued trapped autos. Not a fan. I'll stick with what I'm familiar with. If I see Razor stuff selling well, I can always buy a case later. Right now, I'm not optimistic about this first release, and as I understand it, the follow-up products are what to look for anyway.

That was my thought, too. I wasn't going to buy either, but Draft for under $450 was too good to pass up. I was able to limit myself to just the one (for now, anyway).

I think there's hope for Razor, certainly, but I want to see how the first one is received, and if I have to pay a little more to jump on the bandwagon late, then that's what it'll be.

Members online