Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

papelbon traded to the brewers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The 2014 Postseason showed that a strong bullpen is a must if you want to advance.

Yes, as an A's fan, I know the "LaRussa Effect".

But aren't the Brewers are in a rebuilding Mode? Why load yourself down with a $29 Million dollar Closer, who is a Headache in the locker room too?

And the Phils will be happy with just about anything they can get for him...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Yes, as an A's fan, I know the "LaRussa Effect".

But aren't the Brewers are in a rebuilding Mode? Why load yourself down with a $29 Million dollar Closer, who is a Headache in the locker room too?

And the Phils will be happy with just about anything they can get for him...

I think the Brewers plan to contend. I would also be shocked if the Phillies do not pick up a sizable portion of the contract.

The Papelbon signing really hasn't hurt the Phillies over the last few years. He's been solid for them. The risk associated with the length of the deal is the stupidest part of it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I bet Milwaukee gives up almost nothing and only has to pay about 40%(?) of the contract. That's if this deal even gets done. It's actually up to Paplebon because of the no-trade clause.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
So the phillies will trade one of the better closers in baseball, pay 15 million and get nothing in return?

Makes sense...

It seems like they view it as saving $11 million, getting something, anything, in return, and parting ways with someone they don't seem to want around.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Rebuilding? They led their division for 93% of the season last year. A couple role players here and there and a healthy Braun/Ramirez should look pretty good. Papelbon is a tool and but if he can contribute on a reasonable deal I guess it's something to kick the tires on. Brewers saw a total collapse last year and played without much of an edge or attitude while free falling. Papelbon also brings both, hated and despise or not.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
I can't wait to see how long it takes for him to grab his crotch and offend the racing sausages.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I think the Brewers plan to contend. I would also be shocked if the Phillies do not pick up a sizable portion of the contract.

The Papelbon signing really hasn't hurt the Phillies over the last few years. He's been solid for them. The risk associated with the length of the deal is the stupidest part of it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Ha ha ha ha ha Hey are not going to even be in the top 3. I truly hope they do pull this off. They are only trying to stop the Cubs from getting him

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Headline in the Daily News, Philly's tabloid paper, was a pick of "Pap" screaming with the words:

"Dreams Can Come True"

:cool:

Members online

Latest posts