Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro to the Marlins???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So a source has confirmed today that ichiro has agreed to a 1-year contract worth $2 million dollars, what does this mean to the marlins besides ichiro being a 4th outfielder and hit as a DH?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think he means DH in AL parks.

But what could it mean? He'd compete for a starting job and be a backup if not. But I hope he starts, does well, and reaches 3000 hits this year and retires (156 to go). I wouldn't want to see him just hang on, although his speed numbers are trending downwards, which is to be expected for a guy who will be 41 this season.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
GREAT deal for a team that is close to Playoff consideration. Anybody can always use a Veteran on a young team. And he will be a Starter eventually, if not on Opening Day if Ozuna falters.

And, even at his worst, he's a better player than another Singles machine they lost, McGhee, especially Defensively.

Be careful of once again under-estimating Ichiro and be proven wrong again!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
GREAT deal for a team that is close to Playoff consideration. Anybody can always use a Veteran on a young team. And he will be a Starter eventually, if not on Opening Day if Ozuna falters.

And, even at his worst, he's a better player than another Singles machine they lost, McGhee, especially Defensively.

Be careful of once again under-estimating Ichiro and be proven wrong again!

Unless they have an injury in the OF, that is not likely. Their OF is young and they are the team's run producers. He will be a PH'er also with limited playing time in the OF. I would love to see him reach 3,000 hits this season but that is not likely. He still has some speed and hopefully can stay around long enough to reach the milestone. At this price, he is a bargain and I am surprised another team that needs more AB's from an OF position did not give him a closer look.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Yeah, I meant DH in AL games, but I don't understand ichiros intent on going to Miami, I assume the weather??? Lol

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Ichiro in his prime is still the most exciting player I ever saw in my lifetime. He'd be one player I could actually tolerate "hanging on" to get to 3000 with the late start he had anyway if someone's willing to give him a roster spot

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I was hoping he would go back to Mariners.Would love to see him get 3000 hits.Remarkable he is so close even though he didn't debut until he was 27.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
He should be a nice backup outfielder and pinch hitter. Probably will be used more as the latter, since the Fish have a strong outfield.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I am thrilled he is gone. Nothing like a glorified singles hitter batting everyday. He has no place in an every day lineup at this point in his career.

Doesn't really matter as they are in worse shape than Ichiro. They are a shell of what they had been. Ichiro had the highest avg on your team for quite a while last season. Doesn't say much I know but as it's been said it's amazing he's this close while starting so late.

Sorry for the bump I was away for a couple weeks.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Doesn't really matter as they are in worse shape than Ichiro. They are a shell of what they had been. .

Don't really know who you are talking about with those statements??

Yeah and the Yanks offense was pathetic last year. Ichiro has no power and declining speed. He is okay as a 4th OF and pinch runner but if he is forced to start anywhere that team is screwed.

He is NOT good anymore.

Members online