Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP MR CUB ERNIE BANKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Yes, rest in peace Ernie Banks. The greatest of the modern day Cubs legends and a guy with maybe the greatest positive attitude of any ball player ever. Ernie was always approachable and made time for his fans as well. Just a class act all the way. The baseball world has lost a true prince today.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I was actual friends with him on facebook and loved his posts, pictures and things that he was up to. I am in shock....83....he was full of life.
I was too. He sent a friend request and then sent me pm and said he remembered the time I met him at spring training in 1998 and the again in 2000. Because of the joke we played on Ron Santo at the last game of the season in spring training. It was great to have him a a Facebook friend and to know he remembered me.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
He was looking forward to this talented young Cubs group coming up. I am just shocked. I wish this is a fake story but his facebook page shows nothing from January 1st wishing everyone a Happy New Year...ughhhhh.

I was too. He sent a friend request and then sent me pm and said he remembered the time I met him at spring training in 1998 and the again in 2000. Because of the joke we played on Ron Santo at the last game of the season in spring training. It was great to have him a a Facebook friend and to know he remembered me.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
As much as I dislike the Cubs, Ernie Banks was an exception. Great career, great person off the field.

Every time a player from his generation passes, baseball loses a lot...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ernie Banks was a 100% class act on and off the field. I liken him to the Stan Musial of the Cubs. The eternal face of the franchise. And through much tougher adversity than Musial ever had to deal with, Ernie showed as much poise and class as Stan did throughout their careers.

There's a reason he is called Mr. Cub. He deserves it.

My condolences to Cubs fans everywhere. I know exactly how you're feeling.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Really sad to hear about his passing. Amazing positive attitude and class act on and off the field. Would be cool if the Cubs could play a home double header every Sept. 17th in honor of Mr. Cub. RIP Ernie Banks.

Members online

Latest posts