Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You thought you got a good deal and then...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Item was never delivered! Don't you hate that? It has happened several times over the years where I won an item, thought I got it for a pretty good price, was excited to get it in the mail and then (because you know the seller was not happy with the end price).. it was never delivered. My latest was this Santana.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201240765653?_trksid=p2059210.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

What did you win that put a smile on your face and then never showed up?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Item was never delivered! Don't you hate that? It has happened several times over the years where I won an item, thought I got it for a pretty good price, was excited to get it in the mail and then (because you know the seller was not happy with the end price).. it was never delivered. My latest was this Santana.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201240765653?_trksid=p2059210.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What did you win that put a smile on your face and then never showed up?

Looks like it was relisted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Absolu...c8db45e&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=201240765653

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
He clearly never sent the card, created a new account (the new auction is a seller with 0 feedback), and is trying to move it again, Like no one will notice. He was semi smart to change the listing location, as the original auction ships from Burlington, CT and this one ships from Manchester, CT. However a quick google search says that the two cities and practically neighbors. I would report the scumbag and let him fry.

Thanks,
Jeff

SlackRabbit

Jan 10, 2015
geez. if you want a guaranteed price, set a BIN/OBO. sometimes stuff sells for less than hoped for. what a ******.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Never on ebay, but it has happened to me several times on Sportlots. Sellers mysteriously not being able to find cards they listed for a bargain price, or "oops I made a listing error and I actually have the base card, not the whatever Refractor/Press Proof/parallel". I did win a sweet Jeremy Sowers 2007 UD Premier triple patch /5 on a Sportlot auction for $3, and the item was never shipped. I haven't seen it show up at all, but I'm not too surprised since who the hell else would pay money for Jeremy Sowers cards?

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
This has definitely happend to me. Won a poorly listed Posada dual patch for $5DLVD and the seller did not ship. Got a neg from someone else for the same reason. Unfortunately I totally forgot about the card and by the time I realized I never got it, it was too late to file a claim.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Won a 2004 Leaf Certified Materials #223 Fabric Gold /25 on a BIN from Burbank a loooooonnnnnnggggggggg while back for $40 (or less, if I remember correctly). Of course he/she/they sent me a Tom Glavine (3Clr Patch) instead. Of course I returned the Glavine (I don't collect him) and he said he will refund the return shipping. After two weeks, I received a refund for the original card only. I tried to contact him/her/them and of course was ignored. At the end of the day, I was out $6 to pay for their mistake, no card to show for and I have not purchase another card from them again. Never, ever again.....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Won a 2004 Leaf Certified Materials #223 Fabric Gold /25 on a BIN from Burbank a loooooonnnnnnggggggggg while back for $40 (or less, if I remember correctly). Of course he/she/they sent me a Tom Glavine (3Clr Patch) instead. Of course I returned the Glavine (I don't collect him) and he said he will refund the return shipping. After two weeks, I received a refund for the original card only. I tried to contact him/her/them and of course was ignored. At the end of the day, I was out $6 to pay for their mistake, no card to show for and I have not purchase another card from them again. Never, ever again.....

You know, they are all over the board with CS. I've actually had them call me on the phone while I was at work because I placed an order(somewhere in the neighborhood of $200) and one of the cards was in less than mint condition and they wanted to make sure I was ok with it(slightly dinged...and I mean slightly...corner). It was a $7 card among the many I purchased. I was shocked. Yet I hear all these other horror stories?

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
That is frustrating when that happens. This happened to me with this card:
front.jpg
I originally purchased this soon after the product dropped for $90.00 after a couple of other copies sold for quite a bit more. When I received the package from the seller, I opened it to find a Cameron Maybin Bowman base card. I contacted the seller and he claimed he must have sent the Red Sox card to someone else. He promised to send me the card if he got it back within a month and would return my money if not but he had me send the Maybin back. A month later, no card and the money was returned. I lost contact with the seller. A few months later, miraculously the card showed back up on Ebay for sale by the same seller. I contacted him and offered to buy it for the same price I won the card for originally. He declined saying he wanted the auction to run again. I asked why he had not contacted me back when he supposedly got the card back, but he did not respond to that. I ended up winning the card again, this time for about $20.00 more. Luckily this time he sent me the card.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Did you get your money back?

Win it, again. As soon as you have proof it's the same guy, I'd put him on full blast.

Yes I got a refund on the item. I kind of saw it coming early on as he provided a tracking number yet the tracking number never showed up as being dropped off at the PO for delivery. Sent him message then asking why he gave me a bogus tracking number. Got no response. Filed a claim after the allotted time and he did not respond to the claim either. E-mailed him one final time to try and resolve with no result.

If I did win it again and it proves to be the same seller is there something I can do via Ebay to have him removed?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This happened to me with a Belle auto from Supreme /10. I won for like $8, which was a steal, and the seller messaged me saying he lost it on the way to the post office and refunded my money. End of story. I messaged him back and he started typing in bad English and telling me he road his bike to the post office with a brown paper bag with cards in it and he said it was raining and the bag fell apart and he lost the cards or at least mine. Never to be seen again... until I see it relisted down the road. Pisses me off.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
This happened to me with a Belle auto from Supreme /10. I won for like $8, which was a steal, and the seller messaged me saying he lost it on the way to the post office and refunded my money. End of story. I messaged him back and he started typing in bad English and telling me he road his bike to the post office with a brown paper bag with cards in it and he said it was raining and the bag fell apart and he lost the cards or at least mine. Never to be seen again... until I see it relisted down the road. Pisses me off.

He brings his cards to the PO on a bike in a brown paper bag while it is raining! I've heard it all now..lol.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
He brings his cards to the PO on a bike in a brown paper bag while it is raining! I've heard it all now..lol.
Seriously. That was the story he told me. The best was that somewhere along the way the bag broke and he lost my card? Soooooooo did you keep riding or like did they fall down a black hole or a sewer? Dude was like Sosa on the stand... the second I asked question he forgot how to speak English well and couldn't put complete sentences together. Incredible.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
You know, they are all over the board with CS. I've actually had them call me on the phone while I was at work because I placed an order(somewhere in the neighborhood of $200) and one of the cards was in less than mint condition and they wanted to make sure I was ok with it(slightly dinged...and I mean slightly...corner). It was a $7 card among the many I purchased. I was shocked. Yet I hear all these other horror stories?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL.
Maybe he/she/they woke up one day and figured they can't do that all the time. They have to make some people happy to defend them on one or more of the forums. I bought from them many times before that with no problems also. I am not implying he/she/they are bad all the time to everyone, just to me that one time. Unfortunately for them and myself, one time is all it takes.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Seriously. That was the story he told me. The best was that somewhere along the way the bag broke and he lost my card? Soooooooo did you keep riding or like did they fall down a black hole or a sewer? Dude was like Sosa on the stand... the second I asked question he forgot how to speak English well and couldn't put complete sentences together. Incredible.

You just made me get up and get paper towels to clean up my computer screen. Just too funny for me. Thanks for a good laugh....

Members online