Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 topps Jeter making national media

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
No, there's no Mantle or Bush on his card, just Jeter celebrating after his walk off hit during his last game at the stadium.

1423003497330.jpg

We all know how wacky this hobby can be, so take this as an "FYI" in case you notice them selling for $10 since the media can blow up anything.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wow. First time seeing 2015 Topps. Not impressed with the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the design personally. Maybe remove the electrical board lines etc and just have the color , but I like the layout and color fade

Ryan

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I like the design insofar as I will be able to immediately recognize the year. I have problems differentiating some of the bland designs over the last ten years.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I've been pretty blah about picking up any topps base product because of the very similar design the last 12 years. This card if any indication makes me want to seek out a few boxes or at least some retail blasters for a fun rip. I love the color and design

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I'm liking the base design this year. Like others have mentioned, you can tell right away it's the 2015 set. Past years have all looked like 1 set at quick glance.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I like the design as well.

What media attention are you referring to though?

Within the last couple of days, the card was on Olbermann, WCBS NY news, MLBN, mlb.com, numerous other news outlets

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Weird, why are the fuss over it? Because he's retired?

Because topps cranks up the hype and PR machines every time Topps Series 1 flagship releases.
I guess Topps 2015 series 1 product is so boring this year they had to highlight and emphasize the Jeter final base card rather than some of the promotions or the best hits in the product that could be pulled if people watching the news were to go rip a pack or a few.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Because topps cranks up the hype and PR machines every time Topps Series 1 flagship releases.
I guess Topps 2015 series 1 product is so boring this year they had to highlight and emphasize the Jeter final base card rather than some of the promotions or the best hits in the product that could be pulled if people watching the news were to go rip a pack or a few.

I Love this stuff!
I opened up 2 jumbo cases and want to open more...
It is an excellent fun break.
LOTS of inserts and Ive gotten better auto hits (which I consider a bonus) in this than in Five Star type products...

2015tachgst.jpg2015tachjd.jpg2015tachjpa.jpg2015tachrc.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
just watched the clip of Olbermann opening up the first pack of 2015 topps cards. Funny how topps sends him a box for on-air promotion and he half-asses the opening of the one pack that he was going to do onair - showing the first few cards and then kind of zipping/skipping through the rest.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
just watched the clip of Olbermann opening up the first pack of 2015 topps cards. Funny how topps sends him a box for on-air promotion and he half-asses the opening of the one pack that he was going to do onair - showing the first few cards and then kind of zipping/skipping through the rest.

Do you have a link to that by chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts