Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

6/6=1/1 on ebay and other dumb ebay 1/1's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis

I have three of his cards from this set, does that make them 3/1?

We all know that this is stupid to list these as 1/1, but are there ever any circumstances where a non stamped 1/1, could be listed as a 1/1?

For example, using the same set, the first serial numbered card (1/XX) is a flag patch. Is it acceptable for this to be called a 1/1, or since the stamp says 1/25, no?

6155348_orig.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What seems to be coming out more and more is that since it is the only one on eBay, it is an eBay 1/1

A_Pharis

We all know that this is stupid to list these as 1/1, but are there ever any circumstances where a non stamped 1/1, could be listed as a 1/1?

For example, using the same set, the first serial numbered card (1/XX) is a flag patch. Is it acceptable for this to be called a 1/1, or since the stamp says 1/25, no?

6155348_orig.jpg

I would think it's ok in situations where he company uses a specific number in the run to do something completely different.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

6155348_orig.jpg

you have like a triple 1/1!

the 1/25 and the only 1/25 listed and also the one 1/25 listed in the last day!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't even know who first introduced this concept but it's beyond annoying. The only collectible value in the numbering I can see is if the card is of the players jersey number, I doubt many people care if it's the first or last print. Even if it's the players jersey number, don't advertise it as a 1/1 it's so annoying when you search 1/1 patch and less than 5% of the listings are actually 1/1s. I'm not even exaggerating I think this needs to be brought to eBays attention and they should start removing some of these listings because the item truly is inaccurately described.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
As annoying as these are, MUCH MUCH MUCH more annoying is the "non-auto" title. The d-bags that do this should be Punched in the nuts repeatedly.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
1st last and jersey number will never bother me with the spam. I like that they make it more noticeable for collectors and I am sure player collectors looking for those certain numbers don't mind it either.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
"Dumb" is such a relative term. I think this one is a board member: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Nation...349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fb541265

Yep Pharis that's mine and I am guilty of this on occasion. I admit to and submit my self to the mercy of the court.

To be honest I don't think I have done it with my other listing prior to this small batch have listed currently.

I will sometimes list first in series or last in series but have never really been and ebay 1/1 guy before. I just figured if it increases views and has a chance to sell a little better than I'll try it to see if it works.

I know there are many that hate and I'm sorry if you find it annoying. It's not meant to cause anyone any grief.

A_Pharis

Yep Pharis that's mine and I am guilty of this on occasion. I admit to and submit my self to the mercy of the court.

To be honest I don't think I have done it with my other listing prior to this small batch have listed currently.

I will sometimes list first in series or last in series but have never really been and ebay 1/1 guy before. I just figured if it increases views and has a chance to sell a little better than I'll try it to see if it works.

I know there are many that hate and I'm sorry if you find it annoying. It's not meant to cause anyone any grief.

That's why I said "dumb" is a relative term. I don't find it dumb, but I do understand the frustration it causes for people searching for actual 1/1's.
I wanted that to be kind of clear that it wasn't meant to insult you just because your title fell within the scope of the thread.

Members online