Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Say Hey!"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Finished with my 1951 Bowman Willie Mays. This was a commission that I created from primarily cut modern Bowman commons. Due to the amount of gloves I used for the curtain background, I strayed and used some cut Topps commons as well. The bat was made from bats.

image_zps5c0sl9dd.jpg

image_zpskgk9ctap.jpg

image_zps1xxffimg.jpg

image_zps8p6bk3ai.jpg

Tim

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks, everyone!

Damn dude that's sick! How long does one of those take you?

This one was somewhere in the upper 50's-60 hour range. Getting all of the bats and gloves cut were a challenge as well.....and nearly 2,800 cards were cut!

Tim

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Incredible work! How big are these pieces? Also, just curious but how do you determine the price on commissions? Do you have set prices or do you determine it based on the amount of time spent as well?

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Incredible work! How big are these pieces? Also, just curious but how do you determine the price on commissions? Do you have set prices or do you determine it based on the amount of time spent as well?

Thanks! This one is approximately 20"x 28". Size varies from a 20" x 24" and up. Prices depend on the size. Overall, pricing is the hardest thing in art. I have a current price point that I am comfortable with right now that keeps me busy but doesn't overwhelm me. If it gets to the point that a majority of inquiries leads to commissions, I'll up the prices again to slow it down (which will keep my family time intact;)).
Thanks again!

Tim

Members online

Latest posts