Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angels' Spring Training Haul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
we left our house today at 4am. we arrived at tempe diablo stadium at around 9:30am. the halos came down to practice at about 10:30am and the crowd was already starting to pile up along the security gate. this is my 10th year coming to tempe and it was by far the biggest turnout i have seen. most likely due to the fact that we were playing the dodgers and it is their 1st st in AZ. Even with the crowd, my daughter and i made out fairly well. only about 20 players came down to the lower fields and we were able to get our bat's signed by the following guys...

-kevin jepsen
-rich thompson
-sean rodriguez
-ryan budde
-mike napoli
-brandon wood
-matt brown
-nick adenhart
-etc.

as usual, the guys were very friendly and even paused for pics. the angels beat dem bumbs 10-4 which was a nice way to round out the day. all in all, we had a great time and we'll be back at it manana.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Re: DAY 1 IN TEMPE...ANGELS ST

hell matt, next year you and the fam should tag along. the 3 day trip usually only sets us back about $500. it's a blast...once you go, you'll come back every year

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008

Halonut said:
hell matt, next year you and the fam should tag along. the 3 day trip usually only sets us back about $500. it's a blast...once you go, you'll come back every year

if i have a Job then i could talk my wife into it. though the family entails 2 australian shepherds but no kids.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008

there's pet friendly motels here :p

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Day 2...

decided to sleep in a bit and got to the park around 10:30am. there were far fewer people to contend with today and their were more biggies down at the practice field but very few signed. here are the guys which my daughter and i got to complete our spring training haul...

-brian fuentes
-dustin moesley
-jeff mathis
-jered weaver
-reggie willits
-luis figueroa
-etc.

we both walked away with around 20 sigs and my daughter got a few dupes (brandon wood, ryan budde) on a foul ball which i caught during practice. the big dissappointment was the fact that ervin, arredondo, escobar, quinlan and shields didn't sign for anyone today...they simply ran off :| my nephew's pretty much got the same guys as us plus abreu :D

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Sounds great! Have always wanted to see the Angels at ST. Seems a crime to have never been, since I live in Southern California. Maybe next year. :)

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
it's definitely worth the trek...once you come once, you'll want to come back every year. today is our last day here and since the angels are at home again, we may swing by the park and see who we can get

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Nice haul Blake. Moving to the opposite end of the universe has made that fairly easy drive from SoCal to AZ a bit difficult. Obviously I could hit Florida, maybe next year.

Was Scioscia signing at all?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Nice haul Blake. Moving to the opposite end of the universe has made that fairly easy drive from SoCal to AZ a bit difficult. Obviously I could hit Florida, maybe next year.

Was Scioscia signing at all?

moday he signed maybe 5 times on his way down to the field and never came back up. tuesday he signed for pretty much everyone until he got to the top of the stairs, then he said "walk with me people" while continuing to sign. i would have liked to have gotten scioscia but my fat ass wasn't about to run him down :lol:

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Halonut said:
i would have liked to have gotten scioscia but my fat ass wasn't about to run him down :lol:

:lol: Reading this made me think of Adam Sandler's CD, the skit called "Fatty McGee" played by Chris Farley :lol:...Man that was a hillarious skit- I imagined a "fat ass" chasing down Mike Sciosia & wheezing violently as he pleaded with Mike for just one more auto (Fatty McGee, your the Fatest!) :lol:
Okay sorry, I got a little sidetracked! :| I'm not even sure if he was there but did Vlad sign? How is he in person(?) as I've heard rumor's that he's "full of himself" & has a "better than everyone else" complex, but I've never met him or even seen him in person so they are just rumor's in my mind; is this true? Anyhow, you ended up with some cool loot but it also sounds like you are doing what is most important when going to these type of event's- "HAVING A GOOD TIME" (as that's what it's all about for the fan's anyhow), what to go buddy!
Take care bud, Dave. :D

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Halonut said:
i would have liked to have gotten scioscia but my fat ass wasn't about to run him down :lol:

:lol: Reading this made me think of Adam Sandler's CD, the skit called "Fatty McGee" played by Chris Farley :lol:...Man that was a hillarious skit- I imagined a "fat ass" chasing down Mike Sciosia & wheezing violently as he pleaded with Mike for just one more auto (Fatty McGee, your the Fatest!) :lol:
Okay sorry, I got a little sidetracked! :| I'm not even sure if he was there but did Vlad sign? How is he in person(?) as I've heard rumor's that he's "full of himself" & has a "better than everyone else" complex, but I've never met him or even seen him in person so they are just rumor's in my mind; is this true? Anyhow, you ended up with some cool loot but it also sounds like you are doing what is most important when going to these type of event's- "HAVING A GOOD TIME" (as that's what it's all about for the fan's anyhow), what to go buddy!

vladdy's a good guy...he always has a smile and a wave for the fans, he just doesn't sign. as for the experience, the autos are the least of it. it's nice to be able to spend time with the family...especially seeing my 2 year old's reaction to the players :D

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
Halonut said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Halonut said:

vladdy's a good guy...he always has a smile and a wave for the fans, he just doesn't sign. as for the experience, the autos are the least of it. it's nice to be able to spend time with the family...especially seeing my 2 year old's reaction to the players :D

Hope you had a good time and a safe drive home.

Did you see my newest win?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Vlad won't acknowledge you if you want his autograph, even if you are face to face with him.

HoustonTeams4Me said:
Halonut said:

Members online

Latest posts