Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Misleading Ebay listings..Is it or is it not!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 30, 2010
Does this bother any of you like it gets me? When you go looking for a COMPLETE set and someone has a listing like this and then lists a bunch of cards that are missing in the description. Or a seller who says he has a set for sale and then lists a percent that is ACTUALLY for sale. Example: XYZ set for sale 56.7% complete.

[h=3]http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Leaf-Rookie-Stars-Master-Set-/131423801365[/h]

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
the listing linked specifically notes all cards missing (or those present if he had only a few from a specific insert or parallel) so i see no deception........it may have been BETTER had the title read "partial master set" , but i'd really think the listing is only misleading if the seller did NOT disclose the details ...frankly anyone who actually reads the description would (or at least SHOULD) know it's a partial set , and although far too many DON'T take the time to do this , i think every buyer should always read the item description and its fine print before impulsively bidding or buying

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Does this bother any of you like it gets me? When you go looking for a COMPLETE set and someone has a listing like this and then lists a bunch of cards that are missing in the description. Or a seller who says he has a set for sale and then lists a percent that is ACTUALLY for sale. Example: XYZ set for sale 56.7% complete.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Leaf-Rookie-Stars-Master-Set-/131423801365
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Leaf-R...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
That's a steal Pinetar HAHA just like the 9/1 odds the Cubs win it all this year. INSANE LOL
While I have your attention I need an optimistic Cubs fan in my fantasy league. If you are interested
PM me. If not I will chat you on opening day ESPN Cards/Cubs opening day.

Jun 30, 2010
the listing linked specifically notes all cards missing (or those present if he had only a few from a specific insert or parallel) so i see no deception........it may have been BETTER had the title read "partial master set" , but i'd really think the listing is only misleading if the seller did NOT disclose the details ...frankly anyone who actually reads the description would (or at least SHOULD) know it's a partial set , and although far too many DON'T take the time to do this , i think every buyer should always read the item description and its fine print before impulsively bidding or buying

The title is misleading. The seller is very clear in the description about what the buyer is getting. The post was more from a perspective of searching for sets and the title NOT being what was expected. Similar to the complaint that we always hear when someone has 1/1 listed in the title and, when you read description, it clearly is not a 1/1. It just takes extra time when you have to filter through the descriptions that are different from the title.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts