Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pete Rose Custom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I made this a few months ago.
Picked up the Leaf auto on discount at Target last year (I think they were $12.99)
Took this card
peterose_zps1b0bef10.jpg

And turned it into this card
pete-rose-custom_zps0d579087.jpg

This is pretty close to the final back I used (changed the fonts, but the text is the same).
PeteRoseAutographCardBack-previewcopy_zpsd4fc1e79.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's amazing how much better a card looks with team logos. Cool card.

How did you peel the sticker off without damaging it and making little creases in the plastic?
If it peeled right off, then that doesn't say much for the future of most sticker cards, as the adhesive probably won't last long.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Nice looking card. Way better than the Leaf card but all of those Leaf cards in that set look the same. It's hard to tell one apart from another. Im not a big fan of those player dedicated sets either though.

BTW, great job on lifting the autograph sticker!

Fordman

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice. I always wondered how difficult it was to remove a sticker auto. Could you share how you did it and if there were any imperfections ir damage cause to the sticker? I received a badly damaged randy Johnson/ Steve Carlton dual auto and I've considered removing the stickers for a custom card but didn't know if it could be easily done or not.

I had a lot of doubt about pulling the sticker off as well, but it came right off, no problems. I used an exacto knife to carefully get it started. Almost all of the adhesive from the original sticker stayed on the Leaf card. I have a rolling adhesive (acid free) I found in the scrapbooking section at Michael's. It rolls on, very similar to white-out in design.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
that's pretty sad that you can tamper with the sticker -- opens the door up big to forgeries.

You'd think the auto sticker should at least have a dual-layer that when you pull it, the words "tamper" or some design pattern is left behind as a indicator, just like when you peel the foil box seal stickers off a old UD product like USA Baseball boxed set.

Members online

Latest posts