Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KRIS BRYANT IS MASHING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
SO FAR TODAY, TWO MORE BOMBS. UP TO 6 NOW ON THE SPRING.

BATTING .450 (9 H IN 20 AB), 6 HR AND 9 RBI SO FAR IN 8 GAMES.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
If he was 0-21 or 19-21 you would be getting the same responses. Don't sweat it.

Agree that it's an exciting time, hopefully he can carry it into the season when he gets the call.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
While I agree, it is just spring training and you have to take it with a grain of salt. BUT, I would much rather have my young players tearing it up than being 1-20. There is plenty to be excited about with Bryant, Soler, and Russell. All three are playing very well and certain a bright spot in Cubs camp.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Fortunately for prospectors he will remain in the minors until after May or June.
That way the Scrubs save a few million.

A few million is actually a silly way to describe it. They are going to be saving closer to $25-30 million, the price his last year of arbitration is worth. It also guarantees one more year of keeping the Cubs core group of young players together. Part me of absolutely hates it, but long term it makes all the sense in the world.

skrip

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
exactly. Is it considered mashing if it's off off A and AA pitchers in the back half of the exhibition games?

Do it off legit major league pitching and I'll be impressed.

Shouldn't all the proven MLB studs be mashing more than Bryant then? They're not.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Well, he has been mashing his entire minor league career, thus the excitement. Albert Pujols wasn't supposed to play in 2001, but he mashed in spring training and the Cards had no choice but to play him in the show. It doesn't matter if the guy can't play, but if he's a potential star talent, it's more evidence that you may have a special player on hand.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Bryant has something to prove and a goal to get to the show asap...

The normal MLB players aren't not trying to make the team... They are just tryin in get them selves in shape and ready to play...

Sent from my XT1060 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ok guys, I have nothing against Bryant. But spring training, for some of you who may not know...I guess...is a time of year when the vets are trying to get back in the swing of things(pun intended or not) and pitchers are experimenting with new pitches, developing pitches, tweaking mechanics, more worried about getting in certain pitch counts, etc. Not that nobody is trying. But the rookies are definitely trying their rear ends off. They want a spot. Versus a vet who is more worried about his release point, or going two innings just to see how he feels afterwards. Or the vet who is worried about tweaking his swing, taking a certain amount of grounders or going over situational issues, etc.

Two different types of players, doing what they are doing, for two different types of reasons. Anybody buying due to spring training hype has my sympathy.

I don't want anyone to get angry or think I've got some agenda here.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Ok guys, I have nothing against Bryant. But spring training, for some of you who may not know...I guess...is a time of year when the vets are trying to get back in the swing of things(pun intended or not) and pitchers are experimenting with new pitches, developing pitches, tweaking mechanics, more worried about getting in certain pitch counts, etc. Not that nobody is trying. But the rookies are definitely trying their rear ends off. They want a spot. Versus a vet who is more worried about his release point, or going two innings just to see how he feels afterwards. Or the vet who is worried about tweaking his swing, taking a certain amount of grounders or going over situational issues, etc.

Two different types of players, doing what they are doing, for two different types of reasons. Anybody buying due to spring training hype has my sympathy.

I don't want anyone to get angry or think I've got some agenda here.

Bryant must know that he's going to AAA for financial reasons, etc, so I'm sure he's not trying his "rear end off" to make the team.

I think people are buying because they are getting to see how good he actually is, AFTER all the hype over the fall/winter.

Anyway, I am just happy to see the guy mash. Love when a guy can hit bombs with relative ease and also be a legit defender and a solid human being.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts