Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting story on handedness...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
my kids write and eat left handed so they are natural lefties. But have played any sport right handed and even throw right handed. It is a cool thing to watch. Oh they can throw leftie too if they want but they stay right most of the time.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I did not read the whole article but Vendette was in the Yankees minor leagues for years and I have a few of his autos and would wonder if he signed the left handed or right handed.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I eat and write with my left hand, but pretty much everything else is done with my right hand.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I always thought it was odd how Rickey Henderson batted right handed, but threw left handed.
Imagine his stats if he had learned to be a switch hitter.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
my kids write and eat left handed so they are natural lefties. But have played any sport right handed and even throw right handed. It is a cool thing to watch. Oh they can throw leftie too if they want but they stay right most of the time.

That's why I was interested in the article, I write, eat, bowl, and use scissors lefty, but I play all racquet sports righty (with a semi-switch hitting ability), shoot a basketball righty and play baseball righty.

Funny story actually, when I was a kid, since I wrote lefty, the natural assumption was that I'd play baseball lefty, but my mom didn't know anything about sports, so she got me a righty glove, which then got returned for a lefty glove, since I was supposed to be a lefty. Which lasted for a little while, until they realized I'd field the ball, pull the glove off and throw with my right hand, and back we went to the righty glove.

Oh, I also throw frisbee naturally lefty, but am pretty equal with both hands.

Members online

No members online now.