Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The lunacy that is Topps Heritage...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I guess I'm not following. That card is awesome! A triple auto of Kersh / Koufax / Ryan is an awesome pull.

As a seller you are right, that is an awesome pull.
However as a buyer, shelling out 1500+ for a redemption, when we all know Topps track record for redemption's, therein lays the lunacy.
You buy that redemption, for whatever reason it does not get filled (hypothetically speaking Ryan refuses to sign), you will never get 1500+ in replacement value from Topps, ever!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
If Topps fulfills this redemption, it is a terrific card.

However, considering the other cards you could get of theirs for this price is nothing short of astounding...not to mention other signed memorabilia.

The seller must be delighted. Does anyone recall a higher price for a single Heritage card?

To put another perspective on this, a 2012 Five Star Six Sig card including these 3 recently sold for $2,500.

That works out to a cool grand for the other 3: Seaver, Halladay, and Verlander!! No one ever said card collectors are rational!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Oh my goodness. A Koufax/Kershaw/Ryan went for less than Bo/Brock/Trout?Yeah, I get that the KKR is a redemption and the other was live, but still.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
If Topps fulfills this redemption, it is a terrific card.

However, considering the other cards you could get of theirs for this price is nothing short of astounding...not to mention other signed memorabilia.

The seller must be delighted. Does anyone recall a higher price for a single Heritage card?To put another perspective on this, a 2012 Five Star Six Sig card including these 3 recently sold for $2,500.

That works out to a cool grand for the other 3: Seaver, Halladay, and Verlander!! No one ever said card collectors are rational!

This dual maybe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-TOPPS-HERITAGE-SANDY-KOUFAX-CLAYTON-KERSHAW-DUAL-AUTOGRAPH-LA-DODGERS-/301488498358?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item46321d66b6

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Oh, I get it. Nolan Ryan played for the California Angels which is in the same state the Dodgers play in.

Nice read...I just focused on the fact that all 3 have had seasons with 10 Ks or more per IP.

[MENTION=2041]joey12508[/MENTION]...that card was signed in person. If it went for anywhere near $2,500, the buyer is probably regretting the purchase once they realized it.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone paying any considerable money for any redemption is just setting themselves up. As a player collector, it was hard for me to avoid all the new redemptions for Bagwell autos because I am a completist and I was afraid I'd be left out by not buying them. But, sure enough, as far as I've seen, not one of them has gone live. That's not to say they never will(though I'm not holding my breath), but I look at it like this: that was money I used instead to buy cards that actually exist and I can own. Besides, if topps can put out one product with his autos live after a product is already out with redemptions, it's kind of a joke. Whoops, sorry, we got so carried away we forgot about you guys holding redemptions? Now maybe, despite actual release dates, one was made before the other, hence the redemptions in a product when the one coming out after is live. Either way, I don't think the companies should offer them. Don't put it in the product or on the sell sheet unless you have it.

What topps has basically done is consistently made promises they can't fulfill. And have a very lengthy track record of this. And people seem to go along with it. That's the oddest part.

Members online

Latest posts