Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where's all the news from the Industry Summit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Gotta say, I am really shocked I can't find any news and info from the summit anywhere.

Today starts the third day and unless I'm just not finding it, there's no news online or even on Beckett site who now own event.

Outside of the announcement that it's going back to Hawaii next year, is there any other news?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
What's to talk about. Nearly every major sport has or will have one exclusive card manufacturer starting in 2016. The hobby freaking sucks right now.

MLB - Topps
NFL - Panini
NBA - Panini
NHL - Upper Deck/Panini? I think the NHL will be the only diverse league for the hobby starting next season.

YAY FOR US!

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm guessing a lot of dealers and trading card manufacturers were banned from the Summit this year. :p

BoyWonder089

Jul 14, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
What's to talk about. Nearly every major sport has or will have one exclusive card manufacturer starting in 2016. The hobby freaking sucks right now.

MLB - Topps
NFL - Panini
NBA - Panini
NHL - Upper Deck/Panini? I think the NHL will be the only diverse league for the hobby starting next season.

YAY FOR US!

In my opinion, the one good about this is that it will drive more people to vintage :D

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
You cant blame Panini, they're just playing Topps' game and they seem to be winning.

Fordman

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
You cant blame Panini, they're just playing Topps' game and they seem to be winning.

Fordman

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here's more, some has already been posted.

Move Finest Baseball from mid-August to early June

Move Chrome from mid-August to early August

Move Stadium Club from October to June

Eliminate Bowman Sterling and Bowman Platinum Baseball and Prime Football and add Bowman’s Best, which hasn’t been produced since 2007

Add a second series of Bowman Baseball

Put the Heritage High Number set back in pack form for the first time since 2009

Five Star Baseball will drop in price to $150-200 per box but have only 2 hits

Add Hi Tek Football, Strata Baseball and Diamond Football, a new high-end product similar to Dynasty Baseball in association with its 60th anniversary

Members online

Latest posts