Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So here's a question for you all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Only topps knows what's going to happen with the messed up autos they will be receiving back from tribute returns.

What would your take on the following be if it happens?

Topps decides to replace auto redemptions (from all different products) of "good players" (guys like Butler, Donaldson, etc) with smeared or bubbled tribute autos of star guys like Pedroia, Cano, etc.

Last edited:

kdizzle4187

Mar 4, 2014
I think it would depend on how bad the autograph is. I know there are some people here who are perfectionists (and rightfully so in a high end product like this) but a lot of the autos I have seen have very slight damage. Honestly if you tell me my Josh Donaldson autograph is getting replaced with a Robinson Cano slightly bubbled in 1 spot then I am all in. If the auto is completely smeared like the Clemens in the Cards Infinity video then no I would pass.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
For me personally I would not want a smudged auto. I could deal with the dinged corners of the first year of five star but for some reason a smudged auto would bother me. I guess it's because the five star cards still have good eye appeal, while the smudged autos don't look good to me at all. However I agree that not all tribute cards are as bad as others and if the auto was just slightly bubbled I could probably deal with that especially if it meant not getting a sticker auto instead.

Members online