Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jarred Cosart has some MAJOR explaining to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
So this hit late last night on Twitter...great write up here by Barstool on the situation...basically said in a DM that he likes to bet (gamble) Large and now people are going down the road of if he ever threw games...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...now-think-hes-been-throwing-games-on-purpose/

I'm not saying that this is one way or another, as this may be a fake DM to even begin with. However, the fact he has already deleted his twitter account doesn't look good. This will probably become a bigger story before it goes away...

Thanks,
Jeff

WaxPax

Looks like MLB took notice.....

[h=2]MLB Looking Into Gambling-Related Issue Involving Jarred Cosart[/h]By Jeff Todd [March 25, 2015 at 11:52am CDT]
Major League Baseball is looking into ambiguous gambling-related claims on Twitter involving Marlins starter Jarred Cosart, Tim Elfrink of the Miami New Times reports.
To be clear, all that is known at present is that the league is exploring the matter. The league is quick to pursue information regarding any gambling-related issues, and its involvement should not be read to imply any wrongdoing, or even suspicion thereof.
As Elfrink explains, a Twitter user has posted screenshots of purported Direct Messages sent from Cosart’s Twitter account regarding an unspecified betting matter. Cosart’s Twitter account has since been deleted. It is not even yet apparent whether there is any credible suggestion that Cosart has engaged in any gambling-related activities, let alone actions involving the game of baseball in any way.
Given the highly uncertain underlying issue here, and the fact that it is not even clear whether MLB intends to conduct a full investigation, it is far too soon even to speculate whether there are any possible grounds for future discipline. For sake of reference, MLB Rule 21(d) prohibits players from “bet[ting] any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game,” providing a one-year ban if such activities occur with regard to a game in which “the better has no duty to perform” and a lifetime ban in which the bettor does.

A_Pharis

The jump to delete Twitter accounts cracks me up. Nothing on there is private, and Twitter will likely comply by turning over logs - including DMs.
Deleting the account really doesn't help his case - but I do hope that he wasn't being that dumb.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
What is the definition of large? Large bet for me is like 10 or 20 bucks. So could be maybe 1,000 or 10,000
for him? Who cares. Besides its on a NCAA game. Move along folks this is slow news day.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
MLB has cleared him of betting on baseball, but will fine him due to violating MLB policy on using illegal bookmakers to bet on other sports.

Aka he's being fined for being an idiot and tweeting about it.

Thanks
Jeff

Latest posts