Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eric Davis Collection-Scans Near Completion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Eric Davis Scans Near Completion!

Wow, awesome collection. What a great player for his time, kind of similar to the guy in my sig. ED is underrated today.

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY

Thanks...if it wasn't for injuries, I think he could have made a run at the HOF. He just couldn't stay healthy. Your sig is sick, btw.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

VERY nice collection!

I also store my collection in binders and the space fillers are a great idea.

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY

nevermore said:
VERY nice collection!

I also store my collection in binders and the space fillers are a great idea.

Thanks!

I went Beckett order and have labels on the back of each slot, so I know where to put anything I have coming in. It makes it easier that way, especially with the base stuff. Plus, it makes it easier to look through them here and there.

After the Beckett order, I started the oddball section from stuff not listed that I find.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
been waiting awhile to see your stuff. i will have to check it out later. ED rocks!

A_Pharis

Nice collection! Eric Davis has a DK recollection auto, but I have yet to ever see a copy. Where most players have different DK years combining for multiple DK recollection inserts, I think Davis only has 1 set and is possibly one of the most limited out there.

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY
A_Pharis said:
Nice collection! Eric Davis has a DK recollection auto, but I have yet to ever see a copy. Where most players have different DK years combining for multiple DK recollection inserts, I think Davis only has 1 set and is possibly one of the most limited out there.

Thanks to everyone.

As for the ED DK, here are what he has & I've never seen a copy of it yet either:

2004 Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs #358 Eric Davis 87 DK COR Black/ 2
2004 Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs #359 E.Davis 87 DK COR Blue/ 39
2004 Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs #360 Eric Davis 87 DK ERR/ 6

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome stuff! I actually talked to ED for a bit and got an autograph at Reds camp in Sarasota on Saturday. Great guy, chatting up everyone waiting for autographs.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Great collection and great scans!

I have a couple of suggestions for your photobucket, though. Can you rotate the cards so the horizontal cards are actually horizontal? They're easier to really appreciate that way. Also, is there an option to list the entire card title? Right now there are a lot of "Donruss Jerse..." making it tough to really know what's what.

Great collection, and thanks for the link!

Drew

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY
ajw said:

I have a couple of suggestions for your photobucket, though. Can you rotate the cards so the horizontal cards are actually horizontal? They're easier to really appreciate that way. Also, is there an option to list the entire card title? Right now there are a lot of "Donruss Jerse..." making it tough to really know what's what.

Drew

Thanks for the words & suggestions. I am sure there is a way to make the changes, I've just not had too much time to look at it yet. I've spent a week trying to get scans, so was just happy when I finally had them in there & had to post! :lol: I should have some time tonight to play around with photobucket though & see what I can come up with.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
ajw said:

Drew

+1

Great collection! After you get the horiz cards rotated, you should use the "grid view" as the link that you post. It shows 5 cards per line, and IMHO looks very nice that way.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, click my Dawson collection link.

44 Magnum

Aug 31, 2008
Dude, that took some time. You almost have inspired me to scan the other Mount Sterling ED collection. :D :D

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY
44 Magnum said:
Dude, that took some time. You almost have inspired me to scan the other Mount Sterling ED collection. :D :D

Best of luck! It's sucks big time doing the scanning, but well worth it after it's completed.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Awesome collection! I love all the buyback autos, and that '82 Minor League card is priceless! :lol:

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY
Brewer Andy said:
Awesome collection! I love all the buyback autos, and that '82 Minor League card is priceless! :lol:

No joke! You'd think they would say..."hey, I think your eyes were closed, let's get another shot"...but nope! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts