Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any idea of print runs in the junk wax era?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I've always been told it was in the millions, but I wanted to know if anyone knew anything more concrete. For instance, let's take a 1988 Donruss Jose Canseco - were 1,000,000 printed, or 10,000,000 printed? etc ....

Any info greatly appreciated!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
One of the things I collect are "vintage" card magazines like tuff stuff, sport cards , Beckett, etc

I can't tell you the untold amount of info I've learned from these over the years.

During the junk wax years, there was always speculation about how many of each card were made

While no card company ever released this info, here are the numbers some of those magazines guesstimated:

85 topps: 800k of each card
87 topps: one million of each card
91 topps: four million of each card

Just using this numbers not only shows the incredible boom during that six year stretch, but you can also estimate numbers for other products, like 88 donruss which generally was seen everywhere topps was, so nearly same production numbers.

Also keep in mind that 91 was more than likely the highest production run, so nothing was greater than that.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts