Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'll be buying every player in this series (McFarlane)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Holy crap! I had no idea that McFarlane made such lifelike figures! I always thought his stuff was a tad more than Starting Lineups but with more quality. Those there are lifelike! Are all of his figurines like this? I thought I remember them not being as detailed in past releases.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
blanning71 said:
Holy crap! I had no idea that McFarlane made such lifelike figures! I always thought his stuff was a tad more than Starting Lineups but with more quality. Those there are lifelike! Are all of his figurines like this? I thought I remember them not being as detailed in past releases.

They are all "life like" like this. You can;t even compare Starting line ups to Mcfarlanes. The newest Lou Gehrig fig is just awesome.

257ln2x.jpg

Not the best pic i guess, just go to goggle images and do a Gehrig Mcfarlane search

As far as this series goes, ill be adding the Russ Martin, the Hamilton and the two Yankees.

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
the reyes looks familiar to the one they released last year. i like that hamilton, recently picked up the nolan ryan from this past cooperstown collection, looks sweet.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
blanning71 said:
I've always felt McFarlanes were top notch, and very lifelike. You may be thinking of Starting LineUp 2. They had one or two baseball series, and were very much like the original SLU but with a little more detail.

SLU2 :
rick.gif
608d_1.jpg

An early McFarlane (from the first licensed baseball series). Not to be sick, but my girlfriend just made the remark that he was "detailed down to his package". Yea...gonna erase this from memory after posting.
mlb1_apujols_photo_01_dp.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
thenumberonemetfan said:
Card Magnet said:
koal said:
who are the new ones? website blocked
JOBA CHAMBERLAIN
MARK TEIXEIRA
JOSH HAMILTON
RUSSELL MARTIN
JACOBY ELLSBURY
JOSE REYES
MANNY RAMIREZ

Do they release some early?I have the Reyes and this isnt supposed to release for a few more months(I had the Reyes for about 2 months)
There was a Reyes in 08. Does yours look like this?

mlb22_jreyes_photo_01_dp.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
thenumberonemetfan said:
Card Magnet said:
koal said:
who are the new ones? website blocked
JOBA CHAMBERLAIN
MARK TEIXEIRA
JOSH HAMILTON
RUSSELL MARTIN
JACOBY ELLSBURY
JOSE REYES
MANNY RAMIREZ

Do they release some early?I have the Reyes and this isnt supposed to release for a few more months(I had the Reyes for about 2 months)

This isn't Reyes first McFarlane. He also had one in MLB series 22.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
The Reyes has the Mets black jersey whereas the old one has the pinstripes. McFarlane has really shifted to making figures of just the Mets, Yankees, and Sox. So far this year, they have announced 21 figures.

Josh Beckett
Mike Lowell
A-Rod #5
Jeter #4
Johan
Mike Lowell
Posada
Pedroia
Ellsbury
Reyes
Joba
Teixeira

12 Yankees/Mets/Red Sox. I guess that's what sells, but I wish they had more variety.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
The Reyes has the Mets black jersey whereas the old one has the pinstripes. McFarlane has really shifted to making figures of just the Mets, Yankees, and Sox. So far this year, they have announced 21 figures.

12 Yankees/Mets/Red Sox. I guess that's what sells, but I wish they had more variety.

it is quite rediculous

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
My god they have gotten lazy. The Mauer from whatever series that was so awesome has now been used 2 other times with different players. There was the Posada exclusive and now the Martin. Go check it out, disgraceful.

As for the others, the Ellsbury looks so awful, he looks like he is dancing. The Hamilton looks like it is just a repaint of the Pujols 2 from series 6 or 7, and who would actually want a figure of a guy in a batters on deck circle?

posada.jpg

pujols.jpg

Latest posts