Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long 'til WBC stuff goes on sale on shop.mlb.com?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
I don't think I've ever shopped on the site before, I was wondering how long after an event ends (All Star, Playoffs, etc.) before the apparel and what not goes on sale...anyone know?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
A ton of the game used stuff is up for auction and has been for awhile on mlb.com auctions. They add new stuff all the time.
Where did you hear Topps gets first crack at the gamer stuff? I thought it all goes up for auction and Topps buyers like anyone else has to win it. I follow game used market pretty close and GUU website and never have heard Topps getting to cherry pick stuff.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
matchpenalty said:
A ton of the game used stuff is up for auction and has been for awhile on mlb.com auctions. They add new stuff all the time.
Where did you hear Topps gets first crack at the gamer stuff? I thought it all goes up for auction and Topps buyers like anyone else has to win it. I follow game used market pretty close and GUU website and never have heard Topps getting to cherry pick stuff.

They are contractually guaranteed rights to a certain percentage of it according to my contact at topps.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Topps should then promote this if they do indeed get stuff direct from MLB/WBC on the cards themselves and even make it a big story on the website. A lot of people are very skeptical of game used cards and where card companies are getting the stuff. Even the wording on the cards themselves leads to questions of even if the jersey is game worn, who used it. It would be nice if Topps/UD whoever didn't keep the game used aspect such a secret.

Members online

Latest posts