Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Collectors Co Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
In 1986, "Card Collectors CO." of 494 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014 created a 10 card Canseco set. On the back, it says you can order an 8x10 version of each card on kodak paper that is signed by Canseco.

Does anyone know anything about these? I see several on ebay, but I know that most are probably reprints and signed recently. A few are green ink that I found, which I thought was interesting, as I have a sealed and signed star set from 1986 in green ink as well. Follow up question: Was the Star baseball card company in any way affiliated with "card collectors co" ?

Any info GREATLY appreciated!

Here is an example of what one of the cards look like:

Picture.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Those were made by that company (card dealer) and given out free if you spent a certain amount with them.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Those were made by that company (card dealer) and given out free if you spent a certain amount with them.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Do you know anything about the 8x10 autographs?

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Card Collector was owned by Richard Gelman. He was the son of Woody Gelman, the man who art directed the 1952 Topps set and other early Topps sets. Richard was one of the first dedicated card dealers in the country. I think he also produced various reprints of early tobacco sets. I don't believe he had any ties to Star.

Members online