Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB's Franchise Four

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Anyone participated in the voting yet?

I voted for the Cardinals and the Yankees so far. I'm going to try and vote for every team.

Cardinals:
Musial
Gibson
Brock
Smith

Yankees:
Ruth
Mantle
DiMaggio
Gehrig

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Padres

Tony Gwynn
Trevor Hoffman
Randy Jones

and, of course...

Nate Colbert

NOTE:
Ozzie Smith is best known as a Cardinal
Dave Winfield is best known as a Yankee

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I voted cubs

Ernie Banks
Ryno
Billy Williams
Kris Bryant

On second thought, it probably was too early to vote for him, so I'll change my vote from Ryno to Santo;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
D-backs was pretty easy, except the last spot.

Randy Johnson
Luis Gonzalez
Curt Schilling

I couldn't really decide on the last spot, between Matt Williams and Paul Goldschmidt for me. Despite how good he is, and hopefully will stay, Goldy just hasn't done enough at this point to warrant inclusion. But I totally think his impact on the franchise will be more than Williams, so I ended up going with Goldschmidt.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
D-backs was pretty easy, except the last spot.

Randy Johnson
Luis Gonzalez
Curt Schilling

I couldn't really decide on the last spot, between Matt Williams and Paul Goldschmidt for me. Despite how good he is, and hopefully will stay, Goldy just hasn't done enough at this point to warrant inclusion. But I totally think his impact on the franchise will be more than Williams, so I ended up going with Goldschmidt.

I voted for all the teams today.

There was only one team I only chose three players for. And that was the Blue Jays.

Carter
Delgado
Bell

I didn't think any others listed were worthy.

My Diamondback pics were:

Gonzalez
Schilling
Johnson
Grace

I'm not voting for any young current players like Goldy for any team. They haven't earned it yet.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And I don't think of Matt Williams as a DBack. I think of him as a Giant. So that played a factor in that.

But Grace played a big part for the Diamondbacks, and I didn't pick him for the Cubs, so I chose him for the DBacks.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Voted about 50 times for the Brewers

Yount
Molitor
Cecil Cooper
And write-ins for Jeff Cirillo

The only pitcher listed is Fingers and despite being revered he only had 3 good years here. Sad history that no other pitcher really even deserves mention in a top 4 discussion

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Voted about 50 times for the Brewers

Yount
Molitor
Cecil Cooper
And write-ins for Jeff Cirillo

The only pitcher listed is Fingers and despite being revered he only had 3 good years here. Sad history that no other pitcher really even deserves mention in a top 4 discussion

My Brewer picks were:

Molitor
Yount
Thomas
Fingers

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I've done the AL so far. My votes definitely reflect my age, as I leaned heavily towards players from the 50s, 60s and 70s and then from early baseball history. I had trouble voting for the all-time Royals and Rays - especially the Rays. I also had just one write-in vote: Alex Rodriguez. I'm wondering why he wasn't on the Mariners ballot. Before he became reviled by just about everyone, he was an absolute beast for the M's.

edit: WHERE THE HELL IS BRYCE HARPER ON THE NATIONALS BALLOT???!?!?!!?

edit #1 : although they came into existence at the same time as the Marlins, I found it a LOT easier to identify all-time Rockies. The Marlins have had more postseason success, but were prone to dump their best players right after winning a ring.

The Pirates and Braves had a very strong ballot. The Dodgers ballot should have been stronger. I think I would have left Valenzuela and Garvey off and included Pee Wee Reese and Zach Wheat.

Last edited:

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I did the Red Sox. Fairly easy:

Ted Williams
Carl Yastrzemski
Pedro Martinez
David Ortiz

Only Ortiz gave me pause. I thought about Jim Rice because of the whole left field thing, and Cy Young. Ultimately Ortiz is one of just a few players with three World Series rings with Boston.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
This is tough. You teams like Kansas City who have 1 player worth mentioning, and teams with 6-7 deserving players.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Cubs:

Ernie Banks
Sammy Sosa
Ryne Sandberg
Ron Santo

I was surprised that Cap Anson or Frank Chance weren't an option, but it's hard to argue with the 8 options they had (Three Finger, Hartnett, Jenkins, and Williams).

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Twins-
Kirby Puckett
Harmon Killebrew
Joe Mauer
Tony Oliva

I had a hard time deciding between Oliva and Carew. I'm sure many will go with Carew, but I'm a little partial to Oliva. Things would have been complicated if Kent Hrbek were an option as well, he just didn't have a long enough career, but I could see him getting quite a few votes as well

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Twins-
Kirby Puckett
Harmon Killebrew
Joe Mauer
Tony Oliva

I had a hard time deciding between Oliva and Carew. I'm sure many will go with Carew, but I'm a little partial to Oliva. Things would have been complicated if Kent Hrbek were an option as well, he just didn't have a long enough career, but I could see him getting quite a few votes as well

I think your Twins card needs to be pulled. Carew must be in the four, must.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I think your Twins card needs to be pulled. Carew must be in the four, must.

I think you need to understanf the twins fan base first. Tony Oliva is one of those hometown hero types of players. Could Carew belong? Of course. But i like Oliva more

Members online

Latest posts