Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's pacific card show stamped cards value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I am curious to hear if anyone knows anything of these cards - apparently back in the 90's, Pacific went to card shows around the nation and had the card show logo embossed on some pacific cards. Was curious to hear if anyone knew anything of their value for stars.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
In the mid to late 90's, Pacific would bring an embossing machine to larger shows and allow you to get one card embossed if you opened a pack at their booth. I was at two Chicagoland shows where they did that. Later, from 1999-2001, they changed it to a foil stamp. The embossed cards don't scan too well - in fact, I haven't even scanned my Grace embossed. Below are some of the 1999-2001 foil stamps, from such shows as the National, Sportsfest Chicago, Sportsfest Philadelphia, Comic Con, Wizard World, and MLB Fan Fest. I don't think there's any resource that has a comprehensive list of shows they attended. You just find them now and again, not as much these days though. Certain dealers who went to most the shows seemed to have the majority of them, as they would open product at the shows and get the best cards stamped. Common players and minor stars will be tough to find.

Value-wise, I'd place a higher value on cards from the National. I think the foil cards are harder to find than the embossed ones. For Grace, I want to pay $3-$5 for embossed, $5-$7 for foil. Often, I've paid less - been able to buy in lots for many.

99PACIFICNATIONALATLANTA.jpg
99PACIFICSPORTSFESTCHICAGO.jpg
99PACIFICSPORTSFESTPHILLY.jpg
00PACIFICCOMICCON.jpg
00PACIFICGENCON.jpg
00PACIFICNATIONALANAHEIM.jpg
00PACIFICSPORTSFESTCHICAGO.jpg
00PACIFICWIZARDWORLD.jpg
01PACIFICCOMICCON.jpg
01PACIFICGENCON.jpg
01PACIFICMLBFANFEST.jpg
01PACIFICNATIONALCLEVELAND.jpg
01PACIFICWIZARDWORLD.jpg

Last edited:

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Very cool info, thanks!

In the mid to late 90's, Pacific would bring an embossing machine to larger shows and allow you to get one card embossed if you opened a pack at their booth. I was at two Chicagoland shows where they did that. Later, from 1999-2001, they changed it to a foil stamp. The embossed cards don't scan too well - in fact, I haven't even scanned my Grace embossed. Below are some of the 1999-2001 foil stamps, from such shows as the National, Sportsfest Chicago, Sportsfest Philadelphia, Comic Con, Wizard World, and MLB Fan Fest. I don't think there's any resource that has a comprehensive list of shows they attended. You just find them now and again, not as much these days though. Certain dealers who went to most the shows seemed to have the majority of them, as they would open product at the shows and get the best cards stamped. Common players and minor stars will be tough to find.

Value-wise, I'd place a higher value on cards from the National. I think the foil cards are harder to find than the embossed ones. For Grace, I want to pay $3-$5 for embossed, $5-$7 for foil. Often, I've paid less - been able to buy in lots for many.

99PACIFICNATIONALATLANTA.jpg
99PACIFICSPORTSFESTCHICAGO.jpg
99PACIFICSPORTSFESTPHILLY.jpg
00PACIFICCOMICCON.jpg
00PACIFICGENCON.jpg
00PACIFICNATIONALANAHEIM.jpg
00PACIFICSPORTSFESTCHICAGO.jpg
00PACIFICWIZARDWORLD.jpg
01PACIFICCOMICCON.jpg
01PACIFICGENCON.jpg
01PACIFICMLBFANFEST.jpg
01PACIFICNATIONALCLEVELAND.jpg
01PACIFICWIZARDWORLD.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
The thing with the embossing was that it didn't have to be cards from the pack you opened either.. I've seen pacific cards going back to the 93 set embossed for sale and cards from just about every set they offered. the possibilities with these are practically endless. I think I have 2 or 3 of them and I stopped even thinking about buying them after that.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The thing with the embossing was that it didn't have to be cards from the pack you opened either.. I've seen pacific cards going back to the 93 set embossed for sale and cards from just about every set they offered. the possibilities with these are practically endless. I think I have 2 or 3 of them and I stopped even thinking about buying them after that.

I never went but I'm assuming you weren't limited to the cards made that year. I'm assuming you could buy a pack of '93 and have one embossed.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I never went but I'm assuming you weren't limited to the cards made that year. I'm assuming you could buy a pack of '93 and have one embossed.

That's exactly right - you could have a pack of 93 and they would emboss. I just spoke at length with a dealer that did this, and that was the promotion. You could get one card of any pack embossed as long as it was a pacific product, regardless of year or sport - but it had to be opened in front of the pacific reps.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've got 6-10 Clark Embossed , I'll pick up in the $5-7 range, and a few foils I've paid $10ish each for. Them there are the ones serial /5 (some even /1) I think. I have a few of the Clark's and missed out on one I wanted that went BIN for $30 that I wish I would have caught.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts