Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

im thinking about changing the focus of my collecting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i currently collect Carl Crawford, HOF GU & autos (mainly Yankees),Mike Stanton & Jim Abbott(on a smaller scale than I used to. I am thinking about selling all that stuff, with the exception of a few things & my Jim Abbott collection. I think I want to focus on a vintage collection, not sure what set yet. any input would be welcomed

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Great idea. :D

Any vintage sets you really like? Years? Players? Teams?

I'd love to help you out....As for me I collect prewar vintage Red Sox. Shoot me a pm if you need any help getting started!

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
1887 Allen & Ginter set.

I made it half way through before I gave up on it. Nice looking cards.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Kutzy said:
1887 Allen & Ginter set.

I made it half way through before I gave up on it. Nice looking cards.
You serious?!?

Do you still have them????

Nope just sold my last one 2 weeks ago. I really wanted to hold onto my Jack Dempsey but decided to part ways with it.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
im partial to the Yankees. im thinkin a set from sometime in the 50s, or maybe making my alltime yankee team

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
springfieldisotopes4 said:
im partial to the Yankees. im thinkin a set from sometime in the 50s, or maybe making my alltime yankee team
You could do a few things...make a 50's set which would be pretty fun. Or maybe collect Yankees graded HOF RCs, or even attempt to make a Yankee team set [I am attempting to make a 1910 Red Sox vintage card team].

Or...a little of everything. ;)

GL man, and if you need any help then shoot me a pm...a lot of great vintage sets out there!

EDIT: Yankees alltime team would be AWESOME, but would get really expensive with Mantle, Gehrig, Ruth, etc. If you have the fundds though then go for it!

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
I love the 1949 Bowman set, it is nice and simple. i have been trying to get all the members of the Cleveland 48 World series team from the 49 and 50 bowman set. kind of sucks though that i picked that set since there are quite a few HOFers from that team and 49 is like all of their RC cards :lol: .

good luck with what ever you choose. vintage cards are fun to collect.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA

How about the '53 Bowman Color set? IMO, it has some of the best post-war photography. Since you are partial to the Yankess, you can't go wrong with the set's combo cards of Billy Martin/Phil Rizzuto and Bauer/Berra/Mantle. Good luck with your new focus! Be careful, too. Vintage is very addicting. You start in the 50's, and the next thing you know, you are in the early 1900's and earlier! :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
jay1065 said:

How about the '53 Bowman Color set? IMO, it has some of the best post-war photography. Since you are partial to the Yankess, you can't go wrong with the set's combo cards of Billy Martin/Phil Rizzuto and Bauer/Berra/Mantle. Good luck with your new focus! Be careful, too. Vintage is very addicting. You start in the 50's, and the next thing you know, you are in the early 1900's! :)
SO true.. :D :lol:

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
bump. i like the look of the 53 topps set. are there cards faked a lot?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts