Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

rip george kell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dayracing

Nov 26, 2008
grew up listening to him and mr. kaline on tv and mr. harwell on the radio. loved every minute of it. how baseball was supposed to be. thanks for the memories

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
This is a sad day for Tigertown. I too remember him as well as Kaline broadcasting Tiger games years ago.

Just wanted to share that I met Mr. Kell at the airport in Cleveland in 2001. I was there to pick up J.P. who was flying in from Springfield to attend the National with me, and Mr. Kell was on the same flight. I talked with him briefly and he was very courteous and friendly. He was there for an autograph signing at the National as well.

On a side note: When I told J.P. that he was on the plane, J.P. said he'd never heard of him....... :oops: (Sorry Dude. I had to tell it.) ;)

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
George Kell, Bobby Doerr, and Sparky Anderson were the greatest through the mail signers ever.
He was known to sign your items and send other items back as well. A class act that will be sorely missed.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Randy Shields said:
On a side note: When I told J.P. that he was on the plane, J.P. said he'd never heard of him....... :oops: (Sorry Dude. I had to tell it.) ;)

He was one of those quiet HOFers that only people who have really studied the history of the game (or are from Detroit) know much about. I must admit that I'd never heard of him until I was 22 or 23.

That said, he was one of the game's greats and I wish the best for his family and friends.

RIP, Mr. Kell.

Craig

A true gentleman....He will be missed.
Rest In Peace George...

George was one of my favorites....

Kell3.jpg

Kell.jpg
Side Panel of the above ball
KellA.jpg

scan0034.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0033.jpg

scan0034.jpg

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Sad news indeed.

I loved how he signed so many autographs for many of the guys who wrote to him. It's going to be really hard to see that from the new generation of HOFers. He certainly was a class act.

Members online

Latest posts