Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Omar Vizquel cards are HOT!!! ... YES I SAID OMAR VIZQUEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I am sure that this has been posted in a thread somewhere so I will apologize now. BUT WTF and Who is payng these absurd prices for the greatest shortstop to ever play the game

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-...266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a0be60c2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omar-Vizque...075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4b8f978b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Topps-...036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41943e6014

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Prime-...392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eddd07f28

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Triple...945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d597bf1

I added the last one to show that even the "less" rare are selling for STUPID prices. Just asking for some insight before I go gobble up some Vizquel mania LOL And this has been going on for a while now...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think one of his Bat Barrel /4 or something like that brought $4k. I don't remember the specifics but something like that.

Ryan

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I am sure that this has been posted in a thread somewhere so I will apologize now. BUT WTF and Who is payng these absurd prices for the greatest shortstop to ever play the game...
I added the last one to show that even the "less" rare are selling for STUPID prices. Just asking for some insight before I go gobble up some Vizquel mania LOL And this has been going on for a while now...

I think one of his Bat Barrel /4 or something like that brought $4k. I don't remember the specifics but something like that.

Ryan

His cards have gone bonkers. In the last several months, there have been 3 barrels sold for a total of $11K. Two (/5) went for $3K each, and one (/3) went for $5K.

However if you want a truly eye-opening experience, try searching "Vizquel ACEO" on sortsof.com and looking at the completed listings. There's well over $10K sold (and a lot of it was complete crap).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
His cards have gone bonkers. In the last several months, there have been 3 barrels sold for a total of $11K. Two (/5) went for $3K each, and one (/3) went for $5K.

However if you want a truly eye-opening experience, try searching "Vizquel ACEO" on sortsof.com and looking at the completed listings. There's well over $10K sold (and a lot of it was complete crap).

Yeah I've seen some of those sales. Some do look nice though but as you stated even the crap ones are getting $ which I'm sure makes the artists happy, but at some point you'd think there would be enough of them done.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

I am sorry to hear that you have to fight this absurd battle to collect his cards. Seriously must suck. Here in lies another question? Who is this "person" buying up his stuff? Do they not do some research??? I don't care how much money you have, he/her is spending ridiculous amount of money. Heck, I would gladly take the thousands of dollars of his/her hands and selll the same cards to them for a fraction of the price... Just sayin

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

Have you ever thought of selling some of your collection? I imagine you have some amazing stuff and you could probably make a killing!!!
Speaking of, I think a 98 or 99 Brilliants 24K /24 sold for over a G recently as well.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you have to fight this absurd battle to collect his cards. Seriously must suck. Here in lies another question? Who is this "person" buying up his stuff? Do they not do some research??? I don't care how much money you have, he/her is spending ridiculous amount of money. Heck, I would gladly take the thousands of dollars of his/her hands and selll the same cards to them for a fraction of the price... Just sayin

In order for auction prices to reach these absurd amounts, it has to be at least two people. Given that Visquel doesn't have a whole lot of super-premium cards out here, you have 2-3 fans with deep pockets going after the same cards. When a low supply meets a large demand (even if it is only the demand of a few people), prices get high.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Have you ever thought of selling some of your collection? I imagine you have some amazing stuff and you could probably make a killing!!!
Speaking of, I think a 98 or 99 Brilliants 24K /24 sold for over a G recently as well.

Eventually these things fizzle out. Buyer or buyers stop buying (go broke, lose interest, whatever), and prices plummet. It happens with Thome a few times a year. Happened with Lofton once or twice. ****, it even happened with Mo Vaughn. So as a Visquel fan, does it make sense to sell your collection for massive amounts now, then re-buy everything for pennies on the dollar in a year or two? Nothing against Visquel, but I don't feel he has the star power to ride out a long-term high-price wave.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

Yes, I probably could. I did sell a very small group dupes and have traded a few as well. However for me the hobby isn't about money or flipping cards. I've turned down hundreds for a single card in the past, and will do it again!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I don't think I have anything to crazy of his from High TEK but I do have 2-3 auto of his I'll list in a few minutes and see what happens :lol:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Eventually these things fizzle out. Buyer or buyers stop buying (go broke, lose interest, whatever), and prices plummet. It happens with Thome a few times a year. Happened with Lofton once or twice. ****, it even happened with Mo Vaughn. So as a Visquel fan, does it make sense to sell your collection for massive amounts now, then re-buy everything for pennies on the dollar in a year or two? Nothing against Visquel, but I don't feel he has the star power to ride out a long-term high-price wave.

I understand the connection the OP has to his cards as I think we all have cards like this, NOW with that being said... Goobs has a very valid point here. I remember both the Thome and Lofton Craze's. They still are priced OK but not near their apex...

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I don't think I have anything to crazy of his from High TEK but I do have 2-3 auto of his I'll list in a few minutes and see what happens :lol:

I wish I had some Autos of his. I was going to list the 200 98 donruss preferred Vizquel cards I have and list it for like 50 dollars. I bet I will make 50 more than I ever thought I would. HAHA

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
The artist Anthony Douglas is making a killing on him with those cards.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
5k for a vizquel bat barrel....or 4k for a joe DiMaggio barrel????? Seems insane!

but I have paid stupid amounts for harmon killebrew cards so I never fault anybody paying whatever they want to pay for anything....more power to them! It's their money....even if it is insane hah

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I wish I had some Autos of his. I was going to list the 200 98 donruss preferred Vizquel cards I have and list it for like 50 dollars. I bet I will make 50 more than I ever thought I would. HAHA
you just might this sold for about 8 bucks more then i would have thought earlier in the season.......Not mine though. And I see I sold all of what I had of him. I could have made 20 bucks more then what I did sell them for collectively

Base Auto from HIGH TEK gets 14.99 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAR-VIZQUE...246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5673aced56

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
A few months back on a facebook auction page a Brilliants /24 sold for $50 or so dollars. That guy listed it for $500 and it sold right away.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
you just might this sold for about 8 bucks more then i would have thought earlier in the season.......Not mine though. And I see I sold all of what I had of him. I could have made 20 bucks more then what I did sell them for collectively

Base Auto from HIGH TEK gets 14.99 BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAR-VIZQUEL-2014-TOPPS-HIGH-TEK-ON-CARD-AUTOGRAPH-AUTO-FD890-/371307900246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5673aced56

Well, I am strongly considering it. I have so much base of his I may be sitting on a gold mine! HAHA.

Members online

Latest posts