Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay bucks bonus days have dried up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I was getting used to them! 5x days were great. There has not been one since the new quarter started and there are two things I'm waiting to pull the trigger on

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Just about every sector of retail takes a hit between New Years and the end of March (consumer Christmas recovery), so they put incentives out there during that time period to boost sales. Now that most have the income tax refunds (US), the incentives go away and they maximize their bottom line.

Fordman

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I probably wouldn't freak out until June. It seems like the bonus buck offers were hot and heavy in March, the final month of accumulation of bonus bucks for the quarter. Maybe eBay is waiting until June to bombard people with bonus bucks offers to encourage buying to get the balance over $5.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, I am signed up for there program as well as promotions/notifications. I get the normal bucks, but have never been sent a promotional offer, ever!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Everyone can get ebay bucks. Most of their promotions are open to everyone who has signed up for them.

It seemed that the more I bought the more offers I recieved. I did not buy anything on eBay for months and I was not offered the latest round of savings.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
This isn't true.

I was under the assumption that ebay bucks where offered to everyone that was signed up. I spend less than $200 a month a ebay and I got all of the last offers.

I wonder what their criteria is for the offers then?

Fordman

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I think you typically see these offers towards the end of each of the eBay bucks period. Since they just had a payout, I would guess you won't see the offers again until next quarter.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I was under the assumption that ebay bucks where offered to everyone that was signed up. I spend less than $200 a month a ebay and I got all of the last offers.

I wonder what their criteria is for the offers then?

Fordman

ebay bucks are available to everyone. The promotions are not. It seems to be fairly random how they do it, with some big sellers and some big buyers both getting shut out as well as small guys. It seems to be totally random.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
If I recall, they normally start doing the promotions once the previous quarters expiration date has passed. The first quarter's expiration date is May 2nd so hopefully we will start getting some new offers right after that.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I would guess it's somewhat random as well. I have had quarters where I got $100+ in bucks from normal spending, which is a lot of money to spend regardless of your normal budget (That is an average of about $1666 per month) and quarters where it was much less. I know guys who have spent considerably less and have received them, so it is not an indication of "not spending enough, so let's try to boost spending" and it doesn't seem to be a common reward for spending a fair amount, so back to a sort of randomness to it.

it irritates me quite a bit actually to see people getting these 5X deals and I get nothing and there is no seemingly good reason for it one way or another. I don't fault those who get them, so call it jealousy I suppose.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I would guess it's somewhat random as well. I have had quarters where I got $100+ in bucks from normal spending, which is a lot of money to spend regardless of your normal budget (That is an average of about $1666 per month) and quarters where it was much less. I know guys who have spent considerably less and have received them, so it is not an indication of "not spending enough, so let's try to boost spending" and it doesn't seem to be a common reward for spending a fair amount, so back to a sort of randomness to it.

it irritates me quite a bit actually to see people getting these 5X deals and I get nothing and there is no seemingly good reason for it one way or another. I don't fault those who get them, so call it jealousy I suppose.

Me and you are in the same boat. I earned $135 in ebay bucks last quarter, with ZERO promotions. I just don't understand why I don't get them.

I am going to ***** up a damn storm at someone this go around when go out if I don't get them.

skrip

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Maybe you could try something like this:

Try to mask your IP behind a new proxy setting. Google Proxifier

Create a new account

Buy a few items but not too many.

See if the ebay bucks gets offered.

Im seeing the pattern of ebay watching what IP addresses are buying and if your earning $100+, theyre blocking your IP from getting ebay bucks offers. Ebay might be doing this to keep from sheeling out $500 vs the $100 they're already giving you.

Just a thought.

Fordman

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Just in
Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

Earn 4% in eBay Bucks on any qualifying item
Earn 6% in eBay Bucks for every qualifying item between $50.00–$99.99
Earn 8% in eBay Bucks for every qualifying item $100.00 or more

Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 8:00AM PT on May 4, 2015, and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 5, 2015. Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer. Valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate.

*Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion period and paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2015 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Members online

Latest posts