Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

File under: for real??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Forgot about this curiosity until I came upon one in a deal.

At first glance, this looks like a regular checklist card.....but in a top loader?
1429738118803.jpg

Then I.flipped it over and saw the serial numbering.
1429738302436.jpg

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Forgot about this gem until I came upon one in a deal.

At first glance, this looks like a regular checklist card.....but in a top loader?
View attachment 49297

Then I.flipped it over and saw the serial numbering. No, this isn't some randomly stamped card as for some crazy reason topps thought it was a good idea to number these.
View attachment 49298

Bowman Draft Picks Red Border parallel. Silly, yes.

Weird yes...But set collectors would buy that card non numbered and numbered for sure

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
what? Topps parallels and numbers their checklists in flagship too! ;)

If I understand right, this bowman checklist is an insert checklist and not part of a set so that does make it unusual to be numbered.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
When a nutty player collector hits a dry spell and there's no available cards to buy, they get a little itchy. Enough that they may branch out into checklist cards that the player shows up on. Adding a serial numbered checklist might just make their day.

Hypothetically.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I started in the hobby collecting basketball in middle school in the mid 90's. This reminds me the of the 1993-94 Upper Deck SE Electric Court Checklists. A few years ago a buddy came across a box and I purchased it from him just knowing my Electric Court Gold parallel would be a checklist card, and sure enough it was. At least those featured a picture of a player making them more collectible than these.

$_57.JPG

Members online

Latest posts