Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Empty Stadium Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Anyone else excited about this?

I'll be watching for sure.

Reminds me of The Rock vs Mankind in their empty arena match during the Super Bowl halftime.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I'll be at work and will miss it. Seems kinda strange. No cheering, booing, wave, souvenirs, food, drink, etc. At least the crack of the bat will sound louder. Hope the O's win so it will help the spirit of the city.:)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
With no fans allowed to attend, the idiots have won!

I hope a journalist gets to heckle the players or the PA guy plays walkup and motivation songs so at least the athletes feel more at home. ;)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I'll be at work and will miss it. Seems kinda strange. No cheering, booing, wave, souvenirs, food, drink, etc. At least the crack of the bat will sound louder. Hope the O's win so it will help the spirit of the city.:)

Hoping the White Soxs win the fanless game

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
I went to a bunch of Marlins games during the first few seasons.
There were some games with barely a thousand people in attendance!!
You could talk to the players and the players would have sonversations.

Today's game should look like a celebrity softball match!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
It'll be like the old home run derby's from the late 50's & early 60's.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
So, I wonder if they'll even bother using the PA system or any of the fancy scoreboard graphics?

Between the parking attendants, concessions, custodial staff, souvenir stand/team store staff and Dempsey's, that's quite a handful of people out of work for a few days.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So, I wonder if they'll even bother using the PA system or any of the fancy scoreboard graphics?

Yep, doing all that stuff evidently.

This idea is so stupid, dumb, moronic and absolutely without any imagination or trying to correct a problem I woulda thought "Bud" was still the Commish...

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
For those interested that don't subscribe, it's listed as the MLB.TV Free Game of the Day.

Watching.

The MASN team, after the Davis HR, talked about how it sounded like a HR hitting the metal seats in the old and often empty Memorial Stadium.

Members online

Latest posts