Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Introducing Twitter-Exclusive 2015 Bowman Packs (Includes Autos #d to 3 Or Less)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
More info - if you have Facebook, be sure to Like ESPN Mint Condition, share their video and comment on it for a chance to win one of these 150 packs.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Having to sift through Topps tweets isn't worth it.

But given the number of contests and how much people love them, I'm sure this is a good thing.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You know what? Sometimes you guys baffle me. Literally, you baffle the everloving s*** out of me. Is this really that much of a hassle? Really?

We're talking about taking five minutes of your valuable time to create a Twitter account if you don't have one and follow their account. You can even set Twitter to text your phone whenever Bowman tweets, then follow whatever their instructions are (most likely to retweet their message) to be eligible to win one of these packs. And one of these packs will contain a Bowman Chrome autograph #d to 3 or less. What would a Carlos Rodon, Yasmany Tomas, Rusney Castillo or Luis Severino auto be worth on the market? Hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars each?

And what do you risk by this? Five minutes.

But then again, there are those in this world who think social media is unnecessary, stupid and even evil. So if that's how you feel, by all means, more power to you. I'll gladly pick up your slack.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
You know what? Sometimes you guys baffle me. Literally, you baffle the everloving s*** out of me. Is this really that much of a hassle? Really?

We're talking about taking five minutes of your valuable time to create a Twitter account if you don't have one and follow their account. You can even set Twitter to text your phone whenever Bowman tweets, then follow whatever their instructions are (most likely to retweet their message) to be eligible to win one of these packs. And one of these packs will contain a Bowman Chrome autograph #d to 3 or less. What would a Carlos Rodon, Yasmany Tomas, Rusney Castillo or Luis Severino auto be worth on the market? Hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars each?

But then again, there are those in this world who think social media is unnecessary, stupid and even evil. So if that's how you feel, by all means, more power to you. I'll gladly pick up your slack.

I'll go with unnecessary, especially for baseball cards. I have enough with this board and eBay. I don't hate those who use social media, I just have had way more negatives than positives

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

This

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
The truth is that social media is arguably the best and most cost efficient way for companies to connect directly with younger consumers today.

And I'm guessing Topps realizes that their buyer base skews older and perhaps more Caucasian. So prioritizing a marketing vehicle that is heavily favored by younger people, and multicultural buyers, is a good strategy. But they obviously realize they need to attract said consumers, which is where the online exclusive likely helps.

I think it's a novel way to reach folks!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
You know what? Sometimes you guys baffle me. Literally, you baffle the everloving s*** out of me. Is this really that much of a hassle? Really.

It's not the hassle I have a problem with. I do have a Twitter account I hardly ever use and a FB that I am always on.

My problem is with a company using an online exclusive product, especially a nice one, to try and get new Customers because it limits who has access to it, or in this case, happens to see it first. I feel you're alienating your biggest target audience, the older, adult male who has the bigger $$$ to afford their ever increasing prices. And as a guy who used to run a Hobby shop, I feel that online exclusives, like this and the Mini sets, are hurting the same spots that the Manufacturers should be supporting.

Using social media for updates, cool pics, giveaways of wax, etc.? I'm cool with that just not the exclusive products. Heck, you can even offer them online after intial orders are made...

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's not the hassle I have a problem with. I do have a Twitter account I hardly ever use and a FB that I am always on.

My problem is with a company using an online exclusive product, especially a nice one, to try and get new Customers because it limits who has access to it, or in this case, happens to see it first. I feel you're alienating your biggest target audience, the older, adult male who has the bigger $$$ to afford their ever increasing prices. And as a guy who used to run a Hobby shop, I feel that online exclusives, like this and the Mini sets, are hurting the same spots that the Manufacturers should be supporting...

I fit the general description of the demographic you mentioned, and I use social media frequently. It's a new era, and the distribution of cards has evolved accordingly.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I fit the general description of the demographic you mentioned, and I use social media frequently.

I understand that, and I know it helps MiLB followers more than ever possible in the "ticker tape" days, and social media is a great way to get more info to your fans/followers/subscribers. But info isn't product, that's where I see the problem here.

I'm a little older than you and I would bet you are the exception in using social media alot, especially Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc...

Members online