Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blake Swihart Called Up to the Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
unfortunately it's going to be a day game. but at least I'll have MLB.TV archives to watch the game later.

glad to see him put right in the fire of a yankees/red sox rivalry game and at fenway.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Can you please use less happy faces, JP? This is a HUGE loss with Hannigan being out for a prolonged period of time. Swihart may be ready offensively but no way he is ready on the defensive side. He's had very limited time to work with our current pitching staff in spring training. I think it's no surprise that both Cleveland and Milwaukee are dead last in their division (With Gomes and Lucroy respectively, having missed a good chunk of the season)

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm definitely not prepared to say this move is an instant upgrade. Time will tell.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Can you please use less happy faces, JP? This is a HUGE loss with Hannigan being out for a prolonged period of time. Swihart may be ready offensively but no way he is ready on the defensive side. He's had very limited time to work with our current pitching staff in spring training. I think it's no surprise that both Cleveland and Milwaukee are dead last in their division (With Gomes and Lucroy respectively, having missed a good chunk of the season)

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm definitely not prepared to say this move is an instant upgrade. Time will tell.

The smileys are clearly for the top catching prospect in the minors getting his first cup of coffee; not for the loss of his predecessor.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yeah I understand, JP...as a Red Sox fan I'm just a bit bitter about having lost both our starting catchers a month into the season. Not a good situation to have. I think Swihart has a ways to go, but he will have to learn as he goes along and make some adjustments. He's starting today so maybe he can straighten out Miley and his pitching woes.

I will say though I've NEVER seen that happen before, when a batter got hit in the hand only for the ball to ricochet and hit the catcher in the hand off the deflection. Pretty bizarre if you ask me. I read somewhere after the game that a week ago our BP coach had told Hannigan to protect his throwing hand better behind the plate (this was the 2nd time he's been hit in the hand)...I wish he had taken his advice.

Latest posts