Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brewers fire Ron Roenicke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Even a HOF manager isn't going to survive an under-performing team. Managers don't impact the game as much as they are given credit for or get blamed for but they know when they take the job they're the first to be thrown overboard. Good luck Ron. Bring on Craig Counsell!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It's not just about this April. He is also being saddled with the blame from last season's big swoon. Injuries and combined bad play have hurt the beginning here, but I thought it was inevitable.

The fun part might be the rebuild and trades this summer. Garza and Loshe have value. Someone might want Aramis for the stretch, and I saw Buster Olney suggest that they should move Segura.

All I require they keep are Gomez and Lucroy. They probably CAN'T move Braun and Khris Davis still needs to reach his potential or they'd be trading too early. My guess is someone could use K-Rod or Will Smith, although I'd like to get something decent for Smith.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Funny reaction to MLB.com by Roenicke:

Ron Roenicke, who was fired by the Brewers Sunday night, told MLB. com: "I told [general manager] Doug [Melvin] I wished it would have happened a week ago. I would have understood it better then."

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Bryan Price in Cincy is the next MGR to be shown the door......

I want to say good luck to the Brewers but they're in the same division with the Reds so.....

Fordman

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Even a HOF manager isn't going to survive an under-performing team. Managers don't impact the game as much as they are given credit for or get blamed for but they know when they take the job they're the first to be thrown overboard. Good luck Ron. Bring on Craig Counsell!

I guess if u don't have the talent u won't win but I've watched a lot of giants games and it seems like Bruce Bochy is on a different level of most other managers

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Roenicke seems like a good guy but he was a dead man walking since the collapse down the stretch last season. The clubhouse had pretty clearly tuned him out. They should've cleaned house at the end of last season. The funny part is that they've actually played a little better baseball this last week or so. Maybe Counsell is jumping in at an opportune time and will catch lightning in a bottle like the last Milwaukee native that came in as a mid-season managerial replacement, the legendary Harvey Kuenn. If not, I'm all for dismantling this group for prospects.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Wow even beating the 2nd place Cubs 2 out of 3 games didn't help keeping his job.......this is a flicked sport.

I'm pretty sure the ink on Counsell's contract was plenty dry last week, so RR was probably a lame-duck manager this weekend. This decision was made 2 weeks ago and was based mostly on last year. They could have swept with 3 perfect games and 15 runs each; it wouldn't have mattered.

Members online

Latest posts