Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Touki TouWhat??? And, how often do you see this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Need some help here folks...

The good people over at RipKings pulled this for me in a live break. It is a beauty...A Bowman Chome Blue Auto of a top guy - Touki Toussaint:

And, as we all know, the Bowman Chrome Blue Autos are numbered /150, right? Ummm, what?

That, clear as day, says 120/499. I have looked on line and on eBay but cannot find any others stamped /499. What gives? Any help/clarity on this would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, here is an auto /199 of Touki (who went by his given name of Dany back then). How often do you see an auto IMPROVE like that after a guy goes pro?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Looks like they forgot to change the numbering after they did the refractors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Looks like they forgot to change the numbering after they did the refractors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

My first thought also, except the blues on line that I could find were correctly numbered to /150. There may be others mis numbered out there, but I have not seen them yet.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
On a side note, here is an auto /199 of Touki (who went by his given name of Dany back then). How often do you see an auto IMPROVE like that after a guy goes pro?

He hasn't gone pro yet, but if you compare Alex Bregman's 2010 & 2011 Chrome USA autos, the latter is much improved.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I was baffled during the break, and still can't seem to come away with a viable answer as to how they screwed this one up. Thanks again for joining the break!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Well, I got an emailed response from Topps on how this could have happened.

Here is the response: "Your card is a 2015 Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto Refractor BCAPTT Touki Toussaint which is different from the 2015 Bowman Chrome Prospect auto blue refractor BCAPTT is numbered to 150."

So, they are stating that my card is not blue. For reference, here a pic of the card they claim I have, next to a scan of my card:

499.pngtouki - front.jpg

I am leaning towards something like, "hey, a blue refractor got stamped with the base refractors"

I am not, however, accepting the response that my card is not blue.

So, here is a new question...should I:

1. Get it slabbed as an "error" card
2. Request a replacement with proper numbering
3. Just move on

Thoughts?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
What a clown response.....I have opened 500 cases or more of bowman products, IT IS BLUE. Very interesting they would just flat out state that it is not blue.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
What a clown response.....I have opened 500 cases or more of bowman products, IT IS BLUE. Very interesting they would just flat out state that it is not blue.

It maybe because they are unaware that the blues were mis-numbered as well. The card they show obviously is not was pulled.
So now Topps as other problem to deal with lol

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
It maybe because they are unaware that the blues were mis-numbered as well. The card they show obviously is not was pulled.
So now Topps as other problem to deal with lol

I have been scanning sales of the blues and have not see any other ones mis-numbered. I know that it is a small sample, and there very well could be others out there, but I am really leaning toward just a mistake and this one (and possibly others) slid into the pile of base refractors prior to stamping.

Members online