Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else regretting selling Steve Matz cards too early?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenm76

Mar 23, 2015
I had a BC Matz gold refractor BGS 9.5 that I sold for $250, a blue that I sold for $100 and a slew of PSA 10 cards that I'm absolutely kicking myself for selling now.

I made a big profit compared to what I bought them for in 2010 but I could have probably at least doubled it as that's 4 strong outings now in a row for Matz in a tough pitcher's league.

Anyone else regretting selling too early?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Steve you still did make a profit! But yeah Matz has had an amazing season so far...can't wait to see him make it to New York. :)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
...can't wait to see him make it to New York. :)

He's looked excellent here in the PCL that now that Syndergaard has been promoted, I predict Matz will make his MLB debut by the end of this season (and I predict he'll get the callup as the 26th man for a DH or when Bartolo colon breaks down and goes on the DL. ;)

Steve K.

Sep 8, 2009
I probably would have sold too early, but most of my cards are in storage space limbo right now. I need to retrieve them soon, I want to have my Matz cards ready for when he gets called up, not too mention all the other stuff I'd like to sell. I do have a couple of Matz refractor autos at home, but I have 3-4 more ref autos in storage (including a BGS 10), along with an x-fractor auto and an orange refractor auto. I bought these all for peanuts in 2010-2011, and it'll be nice to make some money on them, especially since I was just looking through some of my Mets prospect bust autos from the last few years (so many orange/gold/blue autos of Reese Havens, Kirk Niuwenhuis, Brock Holt, Fernando Martinez, Jefry Marte, Blake Forsythe, the list goes on... sigh).

Anyone start selling Familia autos yet? I've got a bunch of those (in storage) too, and they're definitely selling for more than I paid for them. But I can't imagine they're going to go much higher, and will come back down at some point. After holding onto Ike Davis for too long, I don't ever want to make that mistake again!

Members online