Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who would u start with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I was listening to Giants pregame on Sunday and this question was asked. If you could start a team from scratch, which player would u start out with? The guy who asked specifically said Stanton, Harper or Trout and I think Mike Krukow said no question Trout. I would actually start with Buster Posey before anyone else. I think that he is the most important player on a team who has won 3 championships in 5 years. I think catcher is the most underrated position, if u have a great catcher think about how much better that makes your staff. Anyway, wondering who you guys would pick

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Posey would be a fine pick. He could be this generation's Yogi Berra to Trout's Mantle. And Stengel said he'd pick Berra over Mantle if he could only have one to play a game. Starting a team, you're right that catcher is probably the key position to have a good veteran at. But still, IMHO, (Trout+average C) > (Posey+average CF). Five years younger, really has a huge impact, Posey already had a huge injury, etc.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I would not disagree with trout, but u brought up Posey's injury and when that happen the giants were done. Obviously if trout went down the angels would be deeply impacted but I really do think an all star center fielder is easier to replace than an all star catcher. I don't know if the original question took age into consideration

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Give me an young, up-and-coming Ace still on his First contract and I'll build around him.

Plus, how much longer can Posey catch most of his Games?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Felix Hernandez. He seems motivated every time he pitches. And with his killer instinct, I have a feeling he'd dominate in the playoffs too.

Last season, I would have chosen Kershaw, but he's been a terrible postseason pitcher and he's been mediocre this year. I wonder if he's hurt.

CoronaMT1327

May 8, 2015
I would pick Madison Bumgarner. He's proven himself to be a leader, and has been lights out in the postseason. My next would be Buster Posey. And no, I'm not a Giants fan, I'm a Yankees fan :D

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I would pick Madison Bumgarner. He's proven himself to be a leader, and has been lights out in the postseason. My next would be Buster Posey. And no, I'm not a Giants fan, I'm a Yankees fan :D

I love madbum but pitchers just seem so risky. I too an a Yankee fan and my name is Corona, best friends?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I love madbum but pitchers just seem so risky. I too an a Yankee fan and my name is Corona, best friends?

97465-Did-we-just-become-best-friend-5BZD.gif

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'd take Jonathan Lucroy. The Brewers, if they don't turn things around, might just do it, so I'll let you know how it goes.

CoronaMT1327

May 8, 2015

It's meant to be Corona... Yankees AND Corona? It couldn't be more obvious hahaha :mrgreen:

Nice to meet you Corona, and I look forward to talking to you on the Yankees thread!

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Alex Rodriguez............:eek:.........

No it would be Kershaw. We will see what his record is at the end of the season with all the doubters out there. A dominant lefty starter. I love King Felix but Kershaw is a little younger. I can't build a team around a hitter. It's got to be a hurler that gets me 30 wins a year on his games started.

Members online