Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you all think of this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Let's imagine that topps decides to shake up some of their 2016 products by announcing that COMMEMORATIVE relic cards will regularly replace game used cards in products like Ginter, Topps, Gypsy Queen, Heritage, update.

There will still be game used but very rare finds (like it used to be).

Instead, these commemorative cards will feature coins, stamps, "manu" items (especially), etc.

Stuff like triple threads, tier one, etc would still be game used.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Less demand for non-game used cards means fewer sales for Topps. In other words, it sounds great in theory but when was the last time Topps changed to benefit the hobby?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Less demand for non-game used cards means fewer sales for Topps. In other words, it sounds great in theory but when was the last time Topps changed to benefit the hobby?

I don't feel like there is less demand for non-game used cards at all. Just the opposite in fact. I think it's nearing the point where collectors are so uninterested in modern game used that the company's are practically wasting their precious resources acquiring any in the first place

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
outside of a Bartolo Colon game used plantaloon w/ chipotle stains Im not interested, so I'd agree with OP.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I don't feel like there is less demand for non-game used cards at all. Just the opposite in fact. I think it's nearing the point where collectors are so uninterested in modern game used that the company's are practically wasting their precious resources acquiring any in the first place

Box prices are raised by the possibility of hitting a nice GU card, not a manufactured relic. If Topps wants to sell a lot of cheap (manufactured memorabilia card) boxes their sell price will fall and fall. The hobby is too turned to switch back. Give it 5 years or whenever Topps has gone bankrupt and/or lost all of its licenses to see what you proposed happen.

Members online

Latest posts