Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question which is more rare 1998 Epix Moment or Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I ask this because there are conflicting stories beckett states that the Moment is the rare version of the 2 and only 30 copies were made. But then looking at baseballcardpedia.com it states the Season were the one that only 30 were made. Both are hard finds but no where does it actually state which is the harder one to find on packs as they gave general odds on finding an Epix card. Who do you trust more? I have caught beckett on mistakes and helped them correct it but have never tried to see if baseballcardpedia.com is wrong.

http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1998_Pinnacle_Epix

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I never pursued any of those cards, but what I remember from Beckett was that the Emerald Epix Moment was the rarest one.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Yes beckett says that but baseballcardpedia.com says something different and it's more detailed than what beckett states.

1998 Pinnacle Epix is a multi-tiered, multi-fractured, 72-card, cross-brand insert set. Randomly inserted in 1998 Pinnacle packs at the rate of one in 21, 1998 Score packs at 1:61 and 1998 Zenith packs at 1:11, the 24 players included in this set were featured on four different cards to commemorate (in ascending order of scarcity) their greatest play, game, moment, and season. Each card was specific to a particular brand. To obtain all the cards for each player in this fractured insert set, one had to open Pinnacle, Score and Zenith packs. A final selection of Epix cards was slated for inclusion in 1998 Pinnacle Certified, but the manufacturer went bankrupt before that product shipped.
Each card is available in three different colors: Orange, Purple, and Emerald. Approximately 70% of all Epix are Orange, 20% Purple, and 10% Emerald. According to Pinnacle Brands, only 30 copies of each Emerald Season card were produced although the cards are not serial-numbered.
Printing plates for some cards also exist but it is unclear how these were distributed.
A second set of "All-Star Epix" inserts, separate from the regular Epix set, was released in packs of 1998 Score Rookie/Traded and 1998 Pinnacle Plus.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
With baseballcardpedia.com saying according to Pinnacle Brands, only 30 copies of each Emerald Season card were produced although the cards are not serial-numbered. I might bring this up to beckett and see where they came up with the Moments being the one with only 30 produced.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Here is what beckett states on the Epix cards

This 18-card partial set is a parallel to the more common Epix Season Orange set. Though specific seeding rations for each version of Epix were never released, it's believed that Emerald cards were approximately six times tougher to pull from packs than Orange. Season Emerald pack distribution was the same as Season Orange.

Seeing it's believed means there not sure either and seeing them say Season Emerald pack distribution was the same as Season Orange would be a flat out lie as I have owned around 5 Season Orange at one point and time and there a way easier find than any of the other Season cards. 7 are listed on ebay now for the Orange with 2 sold and yet not one Emerald for Jeter Season so right there beckett's information is incorrect to me.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is what beckett states on the Epix cards

This 18-card partial set is a parallel to the more common Epix Season Orange set. Though specific seeding rations for each version of Epix were never released, it's believed that Emerald cards were approximately six times tougher to pull from packs than Orange. Season Emerald pack distribution was the same as Season Orange.

Seeing it's believed means there not sure either and seeing them say Season Emerald pack distribution was the same as Season Orange would be a flat out lie as I have owned around 5 Season Orange at one point and time and there a way easier find than any of the other Season cards. 7 are listed on ebay now for the Orange with 2 sold and yet not one Emerald for Jeter Season so right there beckett's information is incorrect to me.

They aren't saying there are the same amount of Emerald and Orange , they are saying that the Orange and Emeralds come from the same packs and were distributed the same way, not same ratio. (Meaning Emeralds or Orange weren't in any type of pack that the other wasn't in) The line above it even stated the Emeralds are approx 6 times harder to pull than the Orange

Ryan

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
They aren't saying there are the same amount of Emerald and Orange , they are saying that the Orange and Emeralds come from the same packs and were distributed the same way, not same ratio. (Meaning Emeralds or Orange weren't in any type of pack that the other wasn't in) The line above it even stated the Emeralds are approx 6 times harder to pull than the Orange

Ryan

I misread it I see that now.

Dec 4, 2008
I am presently chasing the 1998 Epix set. I have found the Emerald Seasons to be just about as tough to come across as the Emerald Moments (non all star). Used to have 3 of the Chipper real emerald moments, sold them off way too cheap, haven't seen one since! I have about 60 dupes to trade and massive inventory of other cards towards Epix I need. Thanks.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I am missing the Moments for Jeter, I know where 2 are but neither are for sale and the one guy has both while the other is missing the Seasons that I own. Neither show up a lot and I was lucky to get the Seasons Jeter for $30.00 as I am sure it would of sold for more.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I am missing the Moments for Jeter, I know where 2 are but neither are for sale and the one guy has both while the other is missing the Seasons that I own. Neither show up a lot and I was lucky to get the Seasons Jeter for $30.00 as I am sure it would of sold for more.

Cards marked with a "C" were scheduled for insertion into packs of 1998 Pinnacle Certified, but were never
[h=2]Play[/h]E8 Derek Jeter C

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

Jeter Moment Cards were in Zenith..............All Zenith Epix cards were embedded inside a 5" X 7" jumbo card, which had to be torn open to reveal the smaller, standard-sized card.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Jeter Moment Cards were in Zenith..............All Zenith Epix cards were embedded inside a 5" X 7" jumbo card, which had to be torn open to reveal the smaller, standard-sized card.

Which makes cards inserted into Zenith packs that much tougher. Lots of Zeniths went unripped.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011

That's too funny I had a damaged Jeter Zenith base Z Team base extra so I ripped it and got a Zenith Z Team Gold Frank Thomas looks Mint I should grade it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1433583768736.jpg
    1433583768736.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 20

Members online

Latest posts