Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's that time of year again. :mrgreen:

Anything draft related, post it here.

Remember, it begins at 7pm EST on both the MLBN and on MLB.com.

Which player(s) are you most looking forward to seeing where they go in the draft?

My main guy is local kid Tyler Jay. Hoping for a good performance from him this afternoon, although he's got to face Vandy. :cool:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Baseball America kinda annoys me. Constantly down on the Giants' farm system but they have so many farm guys in their starting line up. Keith Law claimed they had no one n the minors last year before the brought up Panik who was key to the world series

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'm excited to see where Tyler Jay goes too, as I'm happy to see a U. of I. player go high - a rarity. Hoping the Sox at 8 or Cubs at 9 could get him.

Will also be interesting to see to who and when the big 3 shortstops (Swanson, Rodgers, Bregman) fall, and what effect Houston having 2 of the top 5 spots will have.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I say the Yankees go after Chris Breen, Garret Whitley, or Mikie Nikorak with the first pick (16th overall). I'm not so sure who they should go after for the 30th. Many people have said Allard, but I am severely concerned about the back issues. They could try and pull a Nationals (Giolito) and attempt to sign injured pitchers Matuella or Aiken, but I sure as hell wouldn't. It's going to be a fun day! I'll be breaking out the German wheat beer and popcorn for this one as I always do :)

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Personally hoping for Swanson or Jay, with Fulmer a close third. Not particularly interested in Stephenson, so naturally that'll be who they take.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not very happy to see Swanson take Jay yard, but also not surprised by it.

He's headed to AZ.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Was hoping my Illini guy would stay within the state, but no such luck.

Members online

Latest posts