Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have a problem and I cause it myself and can't help it with prospects....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
So here is my issue...When a guy is red hot in the minors I tend to jump on him and pick up one or two and then upon call-up, I never sell. Then he is playing in the bigs and not doing so well and I hold onto the player way too long. I did the with a Chrome Boegarts Auto RC, Mookie Betts Chrome Auto RC, George Springer Chrome Auto RC, Polanco Chrome RC, Catellanos Chrome Auto RC, Baez Chrome Auto RC and more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Over the winter I made a deal at my LCS and traded my Austin Meadows Bowman Chrome Gold Auto RC /50 UNGRADED and the trade was in my favor and not I am questioning myself to hold or sell? I received a Buxton Aflac/Under Armour Auto RC Graded 8.5, Jorge Soler Bowman Chrome Auto RC BGS 9.5, Carlos Correa Bowman Chrome 9.5 Auto RC, Joc Pederson Bowman Chrome Auto RC, DJ Pederson Chrome Auto RC, Hunter Renfroe Bowman Chrome Auto RC, JP Crawford Bowman Chrome Green Auto RC /75 BGS 9.5, Gerrit Cole Bowman Chrome 2013 with the RC symbol (SOLD)...Do you guys have this problem???

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't prospect , never really have. But my theory on how things would work the best if :

1. You buy qty of player(s)
2. When they are called up , you sell enough of those player(s) to cover you entire stash you purchased
3. What's left over you can afford to take a longer chance with holding them as you have already covered the cost
4. If you hold to long with that leftover stash , at least it's a loss over what could of been , but not a loss over the cost of buy in
5. Don't look back on the sold to earlys as that would only lead back to holding on to items longer than you should of
6. It's hard to do if you only have 1 item of a player

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts