Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OH! The pain of looking at completed listings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Guy has cards that I need listed at high BINs with BOs. Made what I thought were reasonable BOs, which were declined, no counter-offer or anything. Just looked now, about a month later, and I see he had accepted offers that were less than mine, or at least within a couple dollars.

Or that time someone listed a Sizemore 1/1 for a $20 BIN. I know Sizemore isn't what he once was, but the cheapest 1/1 from that set sold for twice what this one was listed at. At 2 in the morning on a Tuesday. Someone got a card that really should be mine. Contacted seller to ask him to forward a message to the buyer. No response from anyone, not that it was really expected. Why can't we see who bought things anymore? Or at least be able to contact that person even if we don't know their ID?

I really should stop. It hurts so much.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Gah, it happened again. First I missed the Bowman Sterling red a few months ago because someone accepted an offer of 20% their asking price at 3 AM, 5 hours after listing it, now I see that this goofy pink plastic bat card that's never been offered before, AFAIK, sells for way less than I'd've paid, and it was BO'd, so it sat there all day. That's after missing this nice 2011 GQ plate. I normally check for Sizemores when I sit down at the computer in the morning and maybe again in the evening. People, if you list Sizemore for sale, wait at least 24 hours before accepting an offer. I'm going to see them and come in strong.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I guess I can see the lure of a BO/BIN, but it seems a good number of popular items get listed for BINs lower than the market will produce, which is hard on collectors of those cards to see. Ebat has turned into a BIN/BO graveyard it seems. Finding quality items at auction (with reasonable opening prices) can be a task.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I guess I can see the lure of a BO/BIN, but it seems a good number of popular items get listed for BINs lower than the market will produce, which is hard on collectors of those cards to see. Ebat has turned into a BIN/BO graveyard it seems. Finding quality items at auction (with reasonable opening prices) can be a task.

Having been on eBay for 23 years now, I would estimate for every one BIN listed below market value, at least a thousand are listed above market value. The ones listed below market are easy to remember because they're so rare.

It's more common with 1/1 type cards I would assume because who knows when there is a rabid supercollector for the player most consider garbage. I can remember seeing some rare Trent Dilfer items that had the BIN immediately hit at a fraction of what I would have paid.

Members online