Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would be more interesting?

What would be more interesting?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkdlots

Aug 7, 2008
The Great State of TEXAS
1. Who wins Manny and the Dodgers or The Redsox. It would be an I told you so either way.

2. Cubs win it all. I am tired of The Goat, Steve Bartman and any other curse not named Bambino.

3. Devilrays win it all. Yes, Devilrays, out of the east, out of nowhere.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
bungle77 said:
More interesting? Manny.

Better for baseball? The Rays.

I know what you're trying to say, but I personally think better for baseball means more people watch. The Rays can't even sell out their stadium, so who is going to watch them in the series?

The Red Sox and Dodgers are huge names in baseball. Throw in the Manny storyline and it could be something special.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
bkdlots said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
wow would fox love manny vs. redsox

Would Redsox nation cheer or boo him?

boo him. i was at fenway the day after they traded him(jason bays first game)
and they had about 20 manny jerseys on the steps so people could walk all over them.the fans are loyal to their team so i would expect nothing but boos

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Tomlinson21RB said:
bungle77 said:
More interesting? Manny.

Better for baseball? The Rays.

I know what you're trying to say, but I personally think better for baseball means more people watch. The Rays can't even sell out their stadium, so who is going to watch them in the series?

The Red Sox and Dodgers are huge names in baseball. Throw in the Manny storyline and it could be something special.

I don't think they'll hurt for an audience either way. If the Sox don't win, then I like to see small-payroll teams win. I think that gives more small-payroll teams hope. And I think that's better for baseball to have more cities invested.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Manny vs. Red Sox isn't that interesting at all. Depending on where he ends up signing, you might get to see the matchup 19 times a year. Besides, it's not as if Manny had spent his entire career in Boston and suddenly left. I don't see the allure.

bkdlots

Aug 7, 2008
The Great State of TEXAS
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Manny vs. Red Sox isn't that interesting at all. Depending on where he ends up signing, you might get to see the matchup 19 times a year. Besides, it's not as if Manny had spent his entire career in Boston and suddenly left. I don't see the allure.

For me the alluer is Manny showing the Redsox need him and the Redsox proving they don't. After all the Manny being Manny tirades, trade me/ I want to stay and Shilling calling him out, it is the drama of it. I know The Devilrays being small market/payroll will help prove you don't need money to win and the Cubs absence from the world series for so long are intriguing, but its the drama that people watch.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
bkdlots said:
DaleMurphyCollector said:

For me the alluer is Manny showing the Redsox need him and the Redsox proving they don't. After all the Manny being Manny tirades, trade me/ I want to stay and Shilling calling him out, it is the drama of it. I know The Devilrays being small market/payroll will help prove you don't need money to win and the Cubs absence from the world series for so long are intriguing, but its the drama that people watch.

No team NEEDS any player. Just like in the real world workforce - - no one is irreplaceable. The Red Sox don't need Manny, in fact, some would argue they played better without him.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
For me it would have to be Manny vs. The Redsox. Just think of how crazy people would be getting. Everybody would want to watch. If you hate manny you'll watch so you can see manny lose. If you like manny you would watch to see manny tee off on the sox. So on and so fourth. I doubt it will get there though.

Members online

Latest posts