Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryno out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Yep. There's a reason they call Ruben Amaro, Ruin Tomorrow.
I can't believe that hack has lasted so long. He and the owner must be old family friends or something.

Well he and his family have been part of the Phillies family since his father played for them starting in 1960. There has been a family connection for many decades now.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Weird timing though.

A hastily put together press conference three hours before Gametime with no apparent lead up on the day after a day off. At home, with a dominant pitcher up next...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I always feared this would happen to Sandberg. I hope he finds another manager job.

i don't hope so - who wants a quitter?

When it gets tough and hopeless, you have to continue driving your armor-plated hummer through the IED field to hopefully safer land. Obviously ryno stopped the hummer and got out.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida

When it gets tough and hopeless, you have to continue driving your armor-plated hummer through the IED field to hopefully safer land. Obviously ryno stopped the hummer and got out.
If Sandberg stayed
This usually happens first, they clean house, he manages a last place team for a few years, getting lots of good draft picks, then when the rookies start getting called up and doing better, they will replace him with someone else, saying we need to go in a different direction, blah blah blah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

I'd imagine this was a "out of respect for you, we will allow you to quit instead of getting fired" situation.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Sad to see him go but i dont blame him. I believe the wrong guy quit though (Amaro) But time will tell... Though look how long it took them to fire Ed Wade.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
He may have been set up for failure but I am pretty sure he knew what he was getting into. I would have liked to see him finish the season or at least get fired so he didnt give the appearance of being a quitter. I think this gives him a harder time landing another job in MLB at this point, although I am not sure if he wants to continue as I am sure he has got a pretty good savings and no doubt can live off of card show money the rest of his life.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Well, after riding buses and receiving a minor league salary and meal money after six years, I would guess turning down a MLB job is not an easy thing to do

I would not feel bad for Ryno's Triple-A PCL manager years - the PCL is a predominantly airplane league - bus rides are few and far between (usually done for traveling between Albuquerque-El Paso, Des Moines-Omaha, Fresno-Sacramento and Albuquerque-Colorado Springs).

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I feel bad for Ryno, but I think he'll bounce back and get another job. But I'm not convinced that he wants another MLB manager position. He was a good manager but he inherited a really bad team. Amaro needs to go!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
There is no doubt that Sandberg will be a Manager again, and probably soon.

He took the job hoping to get in to the "Club" and like RA2, he probably thought he could one, maybe 2 good years outta that team...

Members online

Latest posts