Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

With the arrival of this final 1972 Topps card.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
I have completed all of the Topps base and traded sets from 1970 thru 2015. This is 45 years of Topps. It has been my hobby and passion for decades and I wanted to share this with all of my fellow FCB'ers, as quite a few of you have helped me to complete a large number of those sets.

Soooo..... the final card in my quest is...

Props to anyone who can tell me what is special about a Ron Cey RC?

I have pics of the whole run in my photobucket.

Anyone need any of my doubles? I have a ton!

Thanks for looking. I don't show off much, but this was a hobby milestone for me.

Last edited:

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
I have completed all of the Topps base and traded sets from 1970 thru 2015. This is 45 years of Topps. It has been my hobby and passion for decades and I wanted to share this with all of my fellow Benchies, as quite a few of you have helped me to complete a large number of those sets.

Soooo..... the final card in my quest is...

I have pics of the whole run in my photobucket.

Anyone need any of my doubles? I have a ton!

Thanks for looking. I don't show off much, but this was a hobby milestone for me.

The Ron Cey RC also is the John Hilton RC card, which I needed for my Padres collection.

Oh...and there's another guy on the card as well...some guy named Mike Schmidt.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
congratulations, it's got to be a great feeling to finally get it completed. I love putting together the older topps sets and have always wanted to put together the 72 set but those high numbers were always so tough.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
congrats, thats an impressive feat. :)

next up you better compete a Topps Tek master set :lol:

:grouphug:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Congrats on your huge accomplishment. Any thoughts and working backwards on the older Topps sets now?

What do you have in the way of '73 Topps? That is my next set and just curious as to what you have in doubles.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Except the Cey rookie is the card shown and the 73 Topps Cey is not his RC. Not quite as brutal as the 63T Ken McMullen RC for Dodger team set collectors or even the 66T Bart Shirley RC.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Very impressive, from one set collector to another.
Congratulations on your quest!
Does a new quest now begin?
DANNY

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Jflan- Congrats from another set collecter. I'm one year behind you, I have 1971-2015 complete. It is a fun addiction!

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Congrats. Me and my dad a long time ago did the same thing and went and completed back to 1970. Way back then we used to go to flea markets and shows and have our paper lists with the numbers crossed off as we got the cards we needed. Great memories since my dad has been out of the hobby for years now and I show him stuff especially vintage to trigger fond memories that we did together. It's tough for me since his health has been failing him the last year or so....Congrats of the great achievement!

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
Thanks everyone. It feels good to get completed back to my birth year. Not sure if I am going to go backwards from 1970, just too expensive. I think my next step is to get some upgrades to some of the ones I do have. Some cards are a little "loved".

jflan702- Congratulations on the 1972 set and all the sets from 1970-2015. Quite impressive. Got any doubles of these 72's? #690 and #768

Sorry bud, I struck out with the 2 that you need. Good luck on finding them, these high numbers can be a pain.

Thanks,

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's pretty impressive. I only have a couple old Topps sets, 1975 and 1980. Makes me want to start a couple others at least.

Members online

Latest posts