Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone here confirm what this Ripken card is?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Picked this up a couple years back thinking it was an un marked promo card (card #1 but Cal is #40 in base set)
1435616193533.jpg1435616204894.jpg

But I remember someone saying it could be from a factory issued team set.

Thing is, there's no mention of a factory issued team set anywhere on line, comc, ebay, baseballcardpedia or in the big annuals I have.

Any help guys?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Can't help you with your numbering issue but thought I'd point out that there are different holograms available in this set.

1998CollectorsChoiceUDLogo.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Great question, something I wonder myself, as I have a Denny Neagle from the same set with the "wrong" number. I don't have it in front of me, but it isn't #36 , which is supposed to be Neagle's card. I assumed there was some kind of All Star set that I could just never find info about.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I cant find anything though it looks familiar. Maybe these were the cards Beckett stuck into there mags as a free give away?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I cant find anything though it looks familiar. Maybe these were the cards Beckett stuck into there mags as a free give away?

I'm pretty sure they were only from Donruss products.

And IF you find a Gold version of anybody, grab it, about 10% of the print run of the Silver...

Members online

Latest posts