Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And the winner is of the best Pat Neshek Collection is...Pat Neshek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
PSA Registry awards were just announced and among the various things was this:
BEST MODERN BASEBALL SET OF THE YEAR (1970 TO DATE) – Pat Neshek (Neshek Collection) - 1970 Topps - Master
It's 100% complete with a 9.45 comp grade. Sadly, he hasn't opened the set for viewing but you can see his history with it here. Completed it over 2 years ago and has upgraded it continually since then. I wonder why he has gone after that set. He wasn't born in 70, but 10 years later. Maybe it's as simple as that. Underrated set, IMHO. Not the most exciting year in baseball, and no actual HOF rookies, although Munson has enduring fame. Clean, classic design between the experimentation of the canvas 68s, black 71s, and vivid 72s. Any set with close to 50% 10s of that era is impressive.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm assuming all the detractions you mentioned made it relatively cheap to complete. He didn't have to compete for a high-dollar card.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
CheapER, maybe, but on the top end of the set registry, nothing is cheap. The guy has made millions playing ball, he can afford to collect whatever he wants.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
It's cool to see a very solid player collecting, I'll have to keep an eye on his set regs.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I sold/traded half of the 1985 Topps TTM/IP auto set a few years back that he completed within a year.
Pat is a solid collector (cards and full game used items), willing to trade his game used stuff for other game used stuff.
When he was active on his proboards site it was fun times over there.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I sold/traded half of the 1985 Topps TTM/IP auto set a few years back that he completed within a year.
Pat is a solid collector (cards and full game used items), willing to trade his game used stuff for other game used stuff.
When he was active on his proboards site it was fun times over there.

If I recall, didn't he say something about following a budget at one point? Or am I thinking of Brad Zeigler? I'm a little bummed that Neshek wasn't around to sign at the game in Denver a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping to chat a little bit with him

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If I recall, didn't he say something about following a budget at one point? Or am I thinking of Brad Zeigler? I'm a little bummed that Neshek wasn't around to sign at the game in Denver a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping to chat a little bit with him

I know BZ has said that ... Strange to hear having that type of $, but also refreshing at the same time

Ryan

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

It was Ziegler after he could not reach an agreement for a cut signature (I think it was Ruth). The exchange with the seller was hilarious and was leaked online.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Was that the one where the player was all like,"I have 18 Ruth cut autos and yours isn't worth what you want for it arglbargl" and the seller was all like,"Well I want that much and if you don't want to pay it you can suck it flrglbrgl."? I love that thread.

Members online

Latest posts